Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

How do you think rural Alaskans would feel about a complete ban on guns?

Favorite Answer

Most Alaskans get most of their food from hunting, so they probably still wouldn't care, since gun bans don't work.

• Andy F

I don't know. I'd guess most Alaskans would be unhappy. But this doesn't keep me up sobbing at nights.

But since many Alaskans do hunt for food, doesn't it make sense that any gun bans considered by Congress should focus on cities & suburbs, rather than the rural areas?

And doesn't it make more sense to ban handguns & assault weapons & semiautomatic pistols -- Glocks & Bushmasters & the like -- rather than banning "all" guns including hunting weapons?

I don't think new gun legislation is very likely given the strength of the gun lobby and its supporters.

But if Congress voted a ban on handguns, assault weapons and semiautomatics, but allowed Alaskans to buy hunting rifles for use on moose, caribou, bear and even wolves, not to mention game birds and rodents - couldn't this safeguard the interests of hunters, while helping to thwart the murderous effectiveness of shooters like Lanza, Loughner & the Colorado theater guy?

Wow, all 25,000 rural Alaskans...

I guess they'r considered to be the elite of the End of Days! crowd since they live way out in the woods and need planes to relentlessly run-down moose so they can get their jollies taking 20 shots to kill the exhausted animal.

I dont care how Odd Todd Palin and his crew of psycho-"separatists" and their ilk feel abt anything.

And who is calling for a complete ban of all guns?

No one.

• ?

Who do you think is proposing a complete ban on guns?

It just seems like a completely paranoid loony-tunes hypothetical that's beyond Glenn Beck for idiocy and hyperbole.

• Any rural Americans lol. Or people that live in crime ridden cities for that matter. Guns can be used to stop crimes too just saying.

Probably would just ignore it. Like everyone else that knows you CAN'T ban guns because the Supreme Court would strike down any such laws.

A complete ban is unecessary and I feel most people would happily compromise with only assault weapons being banned.

Like the rest of us!! Us being Americans!!!!!!!

• Oreo

The would secede from the US