Anonymous

Is it considered child abuse if you parents lock you outside all day when its below 0 (zero degrees)?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it is child abuse.

Child abuse has a broad definition and includes many things. The definition of child abuse is the acts or omission of acts that causes significant harm to the health and development of a child.

Locking a child outside in cold weather (zero degrees) amounts to endangerment.

An example of endangerment is leaving or placing a child in a harmful environment or situation.

In this case, a child could suffer from hypothermia (physical child abuse) and it is also a cruel act against a child that can cause emotional distress (emotional child abuse).

For information about child abuse, follow the link below:

www.understanding-child-abuse.com

Hope this helps answer your question

Source(s): www.understanding-child-abuse.com
  • sohaib
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i'm no longer truly particular what you attempt to get out of this question. to initiate a strive against or debate? no longer some thing above is abuse, and that i'm no longer particular the position you heard of oldsters being arrested for committing ANY of the above. a million. honestly no longer. 5-10 ft remote out of your automobile? that is not any longer a lot. Now in case you've been going contained in the submit workplace, then that is taken under consideration overlook in some states and also you'll get in difficulty IF someone comments you. 2. honestly no longer. Your oldest helps out, no longer babysitting for 2 hours on the domicile. i'm no longer particular why you even ask this. 3. that is a warm subject matter for some - i do not imagine both or is abuse. 4. Timeouts for a preschooler or older should be about 5-10 minutes. An hour in timeout isn't abuse, that is purely no longer being very honest. 5. Feeding your toddler junk foodstuff so he's overweight and overweight isn't abuse. purely no longer ordinary procedures to devour, that is all. yet you're not any more getting arrested for this. same with the cavities - i'm able to't see the dentist calling CPS because a 4 twelve months previous has cavities. some youthful little ones get cavities because they drank milk out of a bottle at the same time as they fell asleep, rotting their teeth at the same time as they slept. Is that abuse - or purely the figure no longer being attentive to what he/she replaced into doing?

• 8 years ago

It depends. Honestly, did you do anything to seriously annoy them? Were they at home while you were locked out? Did you just forget your keys? But if they legitimately locked you out of the house in that weather with nothing to do, nowhere to go and not enough layers on and you hadn't done anything that bad (i.e. hadn't burnt down a building) I think it is child abuse. Also, how old are you?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes, it's called hypothermia

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

yes it is! that is very cruel to do it to an animal,let alone a child!

• 8 years ago

Yes it is

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

depends wether you're a child or not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.