Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailOther - Yahoo Mail · 8 years ago

No notification tone or status bar icon since latest android yahoo mail update?

Since the latest yahoo mail for android app update I no longer get notification sound or status bar icon when new mail is received. I am using the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the older version of Yahoo Mail worked perfectly. I have sound, vibrate and status bar notifications turned on in Notification Settings?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

mine is doing the same thing. I uninstalled the app and re installed it but the same. I hope they get it fixed soon!

• 8 years ago

If that's true, that is absolutely ridiculous. I use the Yahoo mail app because the regular mail app on the S3 doesn't work right either. without notifications, it is useless to me! I'm not waiting 3 to 4 weeks for a fix!

• 8 years ago

Same here, before the update the notifications worked fine on my Galaxy S2 now they have stopped. They better fix it soon or I'll take the hit and move over to gmail!

• 8 years ago

I noticed the same thing and called Yahoo!'s offices to see about it.

They were very rude and said that they were working on other things right now and that the Notification Issue was nearer the bottom of their priority list.

They are anticipating at LEAST 3-4 weeks before they get to it.

Source(s): Yahoo! Customer Service
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Add me to the list. Got a "survey" email from Yahoo asking how I like the service. I told 'em. No response. Surprise.

• 8 years ago

Same with me. This is horrible. I need to constantly check my e-mail..Ridiculous

• 8 years ago

Same thing here, I knew I should have ignored the update :(

• 8 years ago

I am having the same issue...dumb updae!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.