?
Lv 5
? asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality ยท 8 years ago

How can One God be 3 different things?

I'm talking about the Trinity.

And,

If no one comes to the father except through Jesus, then what happens to the people who lived before Jesus came (go to heaven or hell)?

Thanks in advance.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Just another piece of nonsense made up by priests to keep their followers confused and keep coming back and paying them money

• 8 years ago

The people who lived before Jesus were believed to be in a state of Purgatory if you read the apostles creed.

"He (Jesus) descended into hell" so he went to hell to save all those who did not have the chance of knowing him.

I prefer to use the Cross to represent the trinity the top of the cross is God the Father representing him in heaven, God the Son (Jesus) is the bottom of the cross for he was on earth, and God the Holy Spirit is the between the both of them.

St Patrick explained the trinity using a 3 leaf clover, 1 plant but 3 leaves that why the national symbol for Ireland is a clover.

Source(s): Roman Catholic
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

โ—„ John 1:18 โ–บ

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

"No man knows the Father but the Son," Therefore, if you would know God, you must not merely be like the son, you must be the son yourself. (Mathew 11:27)

In regards to the maths, science and the doctrine of schools

(Empirical-ism & Subjectivism), we could ask why brilliantly minded scientists are trying to figure out how B comes from A instead of who and where is A.

It's obvious A has always been and always will be.

Revelation 22:13

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

In Hinduism: Chapter 10. The Opulence of the Absolute.

Of all creations I am the beginning and the end and also the middle, O Arjuna. Of all sciences I am the spiritual science of the self, and among logicians I am the conclusive truth.

Something can not derive from nothing, so something has always been.

We believe we are born then die and that the planets have to come from somewhere, this gives rise to logic ~ "How does B come from A" โ€“ Empiricism, Subjectivism, Objectivism and formatory thinking. (Spiritual sleep given rise to by lies and pervading powers)

• 8 years ago

God is not bound by limitations because He is the one who created those limitations. And God is omnipotent but we can somewhat understand how He can be everywhere at once. The Father is in Heaven in which life originates from Him, the Son in which everything is made through and for Him, and the Holy Spirit the giver of life that sustains everything in Heaven and on the earth so these three Divine Persons are the Creator the one God. Just as when Jesus was incarnated in the flesh the Father was still in Heaven and after Jesus ascended into Heaven He sent the Holy Spirit to guild the Apostles.

Where were the people that lived prior before the advent of Jesus they were in Sheol the abode of the dead because no one could enter Heaven before Jesus ascended into Heaven after His resurrection. The righteous dead before the advent of Jesus were sent to the Bosom of Abraham (Limbo for the Fathers). And of course the wicked were in purification or punishment in Gehenna. Those who were purified in Gehenna entered into the Bosom of Abraham (Limbo for the Fathers). Heaven was closed to mankind because of the sin of Adam (original sin).

Philippians 2:9-11

Because of this, God greatly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

We lived before we were born as spirits. Jesus was the eldest spirit, and the spokesman for God. In the Old Testament, he was known as the Lord, or Jehovah. The Holy Ghost is another spirit. His (or her?) special assignment is to testify to the truths of the gospel. God is the physical father of the mortal Jesus, and rarely appears to mankind except to introduce his son.

When we die, we will all go to the spirit world. There will be missionaries there to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, just as there are missionaries here. People can then accept and live the gospel as though they were alive, despite being dead. We are only judged according to the law that we have received.

• 8 years ago

The word "Trinity" comes from the Latin noun "trinitas" meaning "three are one." The Trinity expresses the belief that God is one Being made up of three distinct manifestations that exist in co-equal essence and co-eternal communion as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

• 8 years ago

@Mar - stop that, I nearly peed in my pants.

The Trinity is just another made up BS story because they can't answer questions about Jesus and who he was not. Yes, he was not anything, that is just another lie. Jesus was nothing but a made up composite character.

• 8 years ago

Magic

• Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Source(s): Deuteronomy 6:4
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Maybe God is the head, Jesus is the body, and the holy ghost is the penis.

• The father, son, holy spirit is just a clever take on the universal role of creation (triplets). Examples: Man, woman, child; mind, body, spirit; yin, yang, harmony; penis, vagina, orgasm, etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.