Could have the Oregon Mall Shooting inspired the Sandy Hook school shooting?

Now we know the shooter was already a danger, nuts and out there, but days earler we were all talking about the guy who shot up the mall in Portland, Oregon. Might have this been the event that inspired him to shoot some place up?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This is what I think and feel free to agree/disagree but lets be honest here...

Back in July there was the Aurora Colorado Dark Knight movie theater shooting, since then there have been several cases of failed attempts at a movie theater shooting such as a Missouri man who was turned in by his mother for revealing his plan to shoot up a midnight premiere of Twilight. Sound familiar? My point is, it's one thing for the media to announce that these shootings occur, it's victims, etc. It's another to go into such vivid detail about the killer and analyzing his every move. I do believe it gives those sick messed up people to get ideas and escape plans to create an even clever shooting in their own minds. Now 6-7 year old kids? 20 of them? I'm not saying that the aurora shooting or the media is responsible for this shooting, I believe it would have happened regardless, however, why do we need to know the details on the killer? Shouldn't we be learning about the victims and the heros of the massacre? I could care less about a sick twisted man who shot innocent people so why are we giving him the majority of our attention? Seriously, you turn on a news station and its one of two things, the motive behind the killer or gun control. It's the unstoppable people who need to be stopped. Then maybe one day there will be peace.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Could it have inspired the shooting? Yes! However it is most likely that it did not inspired this cruel and inhumane shooting. The shooter in the Sandy Hook school shooting most probably had some sort of mental disorder which caused him to go nuts for probably a reason we will never really know.

• 8 years ago

Doubtful.

Otherwise why did he shoot up a school and not a mall?

Also, the mall shooter didn't kill his mother (with 20 shots to the face!) so the two acts clearly had different purposes and motivations.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

arnie many colleges contained in the U. S. have police officials assigned to them are not they an same as armed guards..... In a not perfect international in common words the best adult men would turn of their guns and we'd want to be helpless and on the mercy of the undesirable adult men.Too undesirable we can by no skill recognize if a police officer replaced into assigned to that college what number lives might want to he have kept. drugs and inebriated driving were a criminal offense for years and that doesn't help. lets use the money we supply to international places that dislike us,our children are extra significant!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

The Tucson shooter, the Aurora Anarchist and the Portland Mall Shooter And now ANOTHER Emo loser--

ALL typical Obama supporters.

Think about it

• Marina
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

It's VERY possible. Copycat killers are nothing new. There was even some copycat crime they thwarted somewhere yesterday,

• 8 years ago

News coverage that creates anti-heroes out of spree killers and makes them infamous does contribute to more killing sprees, according to experts and forensic psychologists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9jn_qUXtMk

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.