Pre approved mortgage to actually getting a mortgage?

I have a mortgage advisor who has been looking to get me a mortgage for a new build house, I have been (pre approved?) by nationwide and have now but a £250 deposit to hold the house. I will be applying fully in January and will have pay slips to prove income and deposit for house, what I was wondering how... show more I have a mortgage advisor who has been looking to get me a mortgage for a new build house, I have been (pre approved?) by nationwide and have now but a £250 deposit to hold the house.

I will be applying fully in January and will have pay slips to prove income and deposit for house, what I was wondering how likely is someone pre approved likely to actually to get a mortgage? I have experian at noticed nationwide have done a search so I'm imaging they are happy with credit history it will just be proof ofincome they will be lookin for? Am I right in thinking this?