Britain trains U.S Soldiers?

I was told that Britain trains the U.S marines and navy seals is this true?

Favorite Answer

''No'', it is ''NOT'' true!!! The ''U.S.ARMED FORCES'' does fight in combat operational areas, with the ''U.S.ARMED FORCES'', though the ''U.S.ARMED FORCES'' train their own Military!!! There is such a ''MILITARY PROTOCOL'' as the ''ON LOAN'' in ''HER MAJESTY'S ARMED FORCES'' and all of the ''COMMONWEALTH ARMED FORCES''!!!

Source(s): ''Military knowledge''.
  • D

British SAS helped train Delta in the 70's. Now if a soldier wanted/needed training from another country, ofcourse they could get that training, just like the US trains other nations all the time. I have taken dozens of courses with foreign military members.

• Joseph

Britain only trains members of the British Armed Forces. US Armed Forces are trained by the US. Smarten Up dude.

Not the inital training but, we do train together. The US also trains British troops at times. We do a lot of training with various armies around the world, even China.

Nope...not true at all.

I had British Officers in my Artillery Officer course...I guess we train British Artillery Officers

I had 2 Russian Officers in my Airborne School class...i guess we train Russian Airborne Troops...

See how stupid that sounds?

Training WITH or alongside or even receiving a class or two by a foreign instructor...does NOT = trained by

Crosstraining between nations is pretty common. We were working with Germans last week. As far as actual training though... no. The British don't train U.S. military.

Source(s): Active Duty 0351 (USMC)

No they don't train them. They share tactics and information, they are allies along with most of the commonwealth nations they all share tactics. If Britain is doing something better they will show the Americans and they might use it, and vice versa.

• Isaac

we do cross training. It is very common for us to go to other countries and train in that environment. For example Peru and Paraguay came over this last summer to fl. and we trained together we showed them our tactics they showed us theirs and we take notes and think if we want to apply anything as well as them. Also this gives us better understanding of different patrolling styles other countries do etc. etc. and since Britain is a so called ally that is why we cross train with them.

lcpl

0311

I am not in the military so i am not really one to speak, but I will anyway. :D

They probably train the US troops in some situations, where the Brits may have more experience, or information, and so on, but in general, the US trains it's own troops.

Just an assumption on my part...

• Wraeth

No its not true.

Source(s): US Army Scout