Senior Citizens!,How, what and Why?,is happening, here on this well beloved Forum....?

No Rant, No offence just a simple question!....

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

We missed your questions these past few days, good to see you back.

Too many little kiddies with nothing better to do then hassle old people, simple as that, how sad they are!

Today though while taking a cold wet walk with my husband in Budapest were found some real Christmas cheer.

Went down a small side st. near a church away from all of the tourist trap street vendors with their over priced trinkets and mulled wine displays, over priced restaurants and st. beggars.

An old church courtyard had a sweet little display of petting animals, a few goats, a donkey and some sheep, a huge Christmas manger was also set up with small little booths to light candles in if you wished to.

As we were leaving we passed a small stall with 2 really nice men giving out hot glasses of mulled wine for free.

I being so used to the rip offs and opportunists started to reach into my bag for money. They wouldn't hear of it, it was free and given in the spirit of Christmas, so refreshing and so kind, it really was worth more then gold.

All is not lost, some people still give freely without asking for a return.

• 7 years ago

I hang in here regardless of some of the unwarranted reports for others these past few weeks. I don't understand them anymore than others do. When I go back to August of 2007 when I first asked a question, I might have quit then because of some of the vicious, and insulting answers given, obviously because I was a newbie. It was rather like being the new kid in a new school. Some can probably relate to that experience.

Thankfully, it wasn't long before I found Seniors. Some regulars here left long ago, perhaps because of the reporting, but some are still here. I hope to be around for good.

Also, I have never reported anyone in my five years here and probably never will.

• 7 years ago

Christmas shopping, families visiting throughout the month are possibilities. I'm still here off and on. We have a new puppy we rescued from the Humane Society, and we are in the training period. I spend a lot of time with her. I'm not going anywhere permanently, just that sometimes other things happen that take some away for awhile.

• 7 years ago

Just hang in here Thomas, I believe it will return to some normalcy. This site has meant so much to me too I'm going to stick around because I have people I really care about since I met them on this site. It m makes my heart glad. So, hang in there, perseverance always wins out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Thomas, allot of people on this site can dish it out but when someone goes after them, they can't take it and react like children and report and TD everything and everybody in sight.

If they were to remove the TD and TU buttons, some of thsi would be resolved. Since 2007, YA has really deteriorated.

• 7 years ago

Little things amuse little minds Thomas. Three questions of mine reported in as many days explains the reactions of many regular readers. Like the majority of your replies,I too will not be hounded from this most friendly section. No way! Children,Trolls,or just R.Soles.

Source(s): Grumpy old supporter of Senior Citizens.
  • It seems like a concerted effort to drive some of us away,after asking a question it takes only 2 min to have it removed,that makes me feel that two report monkeys are working together,I have been in wars before so I'm not leaving and am happy to see others staying.

• Nancy
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I feel the same as folklore. I don't believe in running off because someone reported me.

My main thing is that I enjoy the Q&A format. This is not the only section I participate in on YA.

I was never part of that core group like some of you, so I feel left out in your new location.

I wish you all the best and continued friendship.

• 7 years ago

I don't see a change other than I haven't seen you post any questions here of late.

Are you busy baking too? I'm covered in flour and hands shine of butter.

• 7 years ago

It might be kids. It's happening to a few friends of mine in the R&S section and other sections as well. One of my friends had 20 questions deleted this week. It could also be Y/A themselves. Who knows. Let's ride the storm together and not give up. Merry Christmas.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.