Light mount w/o quad rail?

Hello, I have a Smith and Wesson M&P Sport that I really like out of the box due to it's low weight. I've shot other people's ARs that are much heavier and I don't like that at all. I want to keep mine as light as possible, so I won't be putting to many things on it. I plan on putting on Magpul... show more Hello, I have a Smith and Wesson M&P Sport that I really like out of the box due to it's low weight. I've shot other people's ARs that are much heavier and I don't like that at all. I want to keep mine as light as possible, so I won't be putting to many things on it. I plan on putting on Magpul MBUS sights, an Aimpoint H1 micro red dot sight, and a simple GI web sling. But, I also need a light mount but do not wish to attach a quad rail as I will only be attaching the light and I enjoy the classic feel of the stock handguards and there light weight.

So, does anyone know of a good way to mount a flashlight on an AR with stock handguards? I have looked into light mounts that use the bayonet lug, but have read this will cast a shadow of the barrel on the target. I'm not really too sure about what to use, so thanks for the help!