True or False: A wrestler can't be considered an "icon" unless they've worked/work for WWE?

Take Sting for example. He calls himself an "icon" but hasn't fought for the most iconic company in the world. In my eyes, he's NOT an icon. Do you agree with this? Or do you think you don't have to work under Vince McMahon to be considered an icon? BQ: Who do you like better, Dean... show more Take Sting for example. He calls himself an "icon" but hasn't fought for the most iconic company in the world. In my eyes, he's NOT an icon.

Do you agree with this? Or do you think you don't have to work under Vince McMahon to be considered an icon?

BQ: Who do you like better, Dean Ambrose or Jon Moxley? (don't answer, smart fans)
Update: Great answers so far, guys. Just one announcement about the bonus question.

Jon Moxley and Dean Ambrose are the same person.

:)