Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 7 years ago

I feel like i've missed alot in my teenager years (please help!)?

Im 15. I know im still teen, but basically ive been living a boring life;

I've never been drunk, i've never smoked, i've never had sex, i've never had night overs with my friends, i've never went abroad with my friends, i've never had attention at school (lol), i dont belong to any team (cheerleading for example), i don't hang out with guys , ive never been to houseparty, and i have never had a boyfriend!

So i guess imma really no-life person!

Those things are something i wanna experience, and i feel so stupid because i havent done them!!

Whats wrong with me???!

im going to new school next autumn, but im so scared! what should i do? im also a bit shy.

Favorite Answer

Nothing is wrong with you! Your 15! You shouldn't be doing any of that stuff for at-least a few years considering some of those are illegal. Take up hobbies, make your motto: don't be shy, get up and try! Yolo

I am going to be pretty honest with you. Those things are not important and are not all that fun in my opinion... You don't need to have the stereotypical teenage life. I was the epitome of a loser in high school- picture an asthmatic AP student/ student in the school orchestra with an anxiety disorder that made it hard for her to talk to people. That was me. I was never invited to parties, the only attention I got at school was people making fun of me for not wanting to speak during class. I had a few boyfriends but things didn't go far because we knew the relationship was not going to last as we had very different post high school plans and I didn't want to have sex with a guy I couldn't even see the possibility of marrying and all the guys thought that was a bummer.

Also, high school is not the time to experience those things! College is where it is at.Save it for College. Focus on your grades so you can go to a good college (you don't have to go to harvard to go to a good college but not all colleges will have equal weight when you are applying for a job). College is the time where you have very few responsibilities and almost no supervision. IT ROCKS!

In the mean time find things you want to do that have meaning. I volunteered at an animal shelter and made a lot of close friends and did a lot of networking for future jobs, I practiced karate and went to a international tournament and met people from Venezuela,Russia, and even Iran. I also spent a lot of time with my family and we became even closer.

At 15 I was doing all of those things. I am 21 now, with a 5 year old daughter and a 5 day old son and i dont know who is father is! It ruined my life. I was popular, I was a party girl, I had plently of boyfriends. It is the high school illusion. I had to drop out at 15 after I had my daughter and got my GED, I am now in college, but I will shortly have to drop out due to my new baby. Stay in school, and stay away from drugs and boys. Its your time to focus on yourself and what you want in life. I wish that when I was 15 I could have said that I had never done any of those things! You should be very proud of yourself, and I hope that I am lucky enough to have my daughter act like you when she is 15.

Source(s): been there, done that

Trust me save the smoking and the partying till you get a lil older. i started doing that stuff since i was 12. i was drinking smoking going to partys staying out all night im now 16 i don get ecited about that stuff anymore. its the same stuff over and over. you get in trouble with the law its just not worth it. have sleep over with your friends. if you wanna drink just drink a little bit im assuming your a girl right? if you get to the point of being all drunk people take advantage. trust it can happen ive seen it you might think its wont happen to you but it can! just wait till your older for that

trust me your not wierd or anything...I'm 14 and have drank, smoked, partied, kissed till I'm sick of it and basically made myself a bad name...but I haven't had sex yet...everything but, but that I regret...

but now I can't stop! Its hard you're seen as this 'wild thing' and suddenly you do something like miss a party and everyones like 'wtf'...don't do this to yourself...everyone says I'l be pregnant by 16 and tbh I don't blame them...yes yolo and I'm all for it but don't comform to society...

It's ok girl u still have time to grow up I'm shy to ik it's quit annoying but trust me I'm still shy till this day

join a club

hang out with friends

dont have sex

dont smoke

nothing is wrong with you

• Kyrie

ur still so young. i didnt do any of that stuff till i got to college. and its not all its hyped up to be. just do you right now, focus on friendships and grades and discovering yourself.