If you are a true baseball fan, how can you not be thinking World Series: Dodgers vs. Angels?

The only better match up i can see is Astros vs. Cubs

Who cares about pay role, it's the match up that counts. It has been a while since both have been in the world series, and they make all these big moves to get there. How could this be not good for baseball.

Think about it, teams in the world series the past 6 years:

Cardinals: 2 times

Tigers: 2 times

Rangers: 2 times

Phillies: 2 times

And at least one of these teams was in one of the world series between 2006-2012

And to have the LA Angels (last appearance/win in ws in 2002) and LA Dodgers (last appearance/win in ws in 1988) who are going all out to get there.

This isn't my prediction, but what i think would be best for baseball in general.

It is too early to predict who will win, but i was thinking this would be a very entertaining series to watch, a real baseball fan would get it. As much as i would love to see the Athletics, Orioles, Cubs, Astros, Padres, etc win the world series, i think this would make a good quality series with hype that would get many people watching.

• Snid
    Favorite Answer

I'm a true baseball fan with a totally different opinion.

The angels, yes, that might most likely happen, even though i am now not certain if they are going to make it earlier the Rays. The Dodgers however are a protracted shot. Yes they have got Joe Torre, he has the expertise to get them there, if they have ample skill. Problem is their pitching. Little too inconsistent and the final time they played the Cubs, Dodgers misplaced 3 out of four. Granted that used to be is June before they hit their present droop. But when the Cubs pitching is hot, I feel they're the extra doubtless candidate for the arena series this 12 months. Good query, though, i would love to peer the Dodgers make it - simply so Joe would spit in the Yankees face!!

I'm a true baseball fan and I don't think that because the Dodgers aren't that good. They've spent close to 300 million on the same talent they can get for 100 million. No one know how the Korean kid will pan out. Greinke is not as good as he was hyped up to be, Crawford is a great player but hasn't done anything lately because of injuries so you never know, and Josh Beckett is over the hill.

Also Hanley Ramirez will never live up to his potential because he's a selfish and lazy player who thinks its all about him. Gonzalez is still good but you watch this team will be like the Eagles of the NFL. Spend tons of money on overrated players, scumbags, and old people then crash and burn after everyone predicted a super bowl. The Angels on the other hand; they have a legit chance. Solid team from top to bottom

@Jayson Eckert. Yes I have looked at their rotation and it could use work but it isn't compleetly awful. Weaver is top 10, as is Kershaw. Wilson is just as good as Greinke. Hanson is just as good as Beckett at this point, and no one knows how Ryu will be. He could be like Daiskue which would mean even Blanton is better than him. Their bullpen is also lightyears ahead of the Dodgers. They also have a lineup of guys who have been producing for years and not a lineup of a bunch of guys that the Dodgers are hoping to bounce back. And best 1-2 punch in baseball? Are you retarded? You consider Kershaw-Greinke the best 1-2 punch? Strasburg-Gio, Cain-Bumgarner, Halladay-Lee are all better than they are. Have you seen Greinke's stats? He isn't that great!!

• MFFL

I would think a true baseball would want to see their favorite team in the World Series, and not the teams that will have the most bandwagon fans this year. It would be great for baseball, but I hate the Angels, and love the Rangers, so I would much rather see them in the World Series. This was just a stupid.

For the same reason I didn't think it would be the Angels and Marlins last season, the Phillies and Red Sox the season before that, or the Yankees in any season: Buying big name free agents does not guarantee immediate, or prolonged, success.

The only reason Arte Morono signed the degenerate drug addict was to steal the headlines away from the West Coast Yankees. Both teams may play well enough to make the playoffs but come next November neither one will be hoisting the Commissioner's Trophy.

Easy.

Only someone that pays attention to nothing but payroll (and there are plenty of them out there, they've whined about the Yankees for years) would have to think that.

Someone that simply looks at the Angels rotation would easily find other AL teams to pick.

EDIT: Not good for baseball at all. It would likely breed a whole new generation of fans that assumed that if their team didn't go crazy spending money, they'd never be able to compete. That's not true of course, but look at all the people that whined about the Yankees, even though they've only won once in the last 10 years.

If I'm a true MLB executive, I'm salivating at the prospect of having two California teams in the World Series with their brand new TV contracts. The only thing that would make it better is if the Yankees snuck in. I think the literal pile of cash they'd get from those games would create a small fissure in the earth's crust.

• Fungo

Because true baseball fans see the big picture - the games are played on the field and not on paper in December.

I can picture that happening, but I don't think it will happen.

that is why they play games. i bet you are wrong.