What makes a touch screen thing like iPod or iPad touchable?

How does it work? I'm just really curious. I know it has something to do with the electronic static wave things in your fingers but I still don't get it. Can someone please explain?

Favorite Answer

Google it yourself..... seriously not hard.

The capacitive screen in apple's and most company's smartphones use a digitizer which has it's own electrostatic feild. Because humans condict electricity, the tocuhscreen can measur echanges in the electrostatic field and feed them back to the cpu.

The Resistive touch screen (found on the wii U, and many older touchscreen devices) uses a physical membrane which is physically pressed down onto a sensor to send the same message to the CPU.

• ng

each and every thing Little green guy suggested: IPod touch 5G. It has Retina demonstrate (mini does not), Siri, it incredibly is greater much less costly, the cameras are the comparable yet who takes photos with an iPad? Plus, iPod touch is like minded with far greater apps than the iPad. And the fact that it suits in any pocket, and has so lots greater hues. in assessment to maximum 7 inch pills, the iPad mini does not. it incredibly is nonetheless to massive. i could get the iPod touch 5g because of the fact the only difficulty that the iPad Mini has over the iPod touch 5g is a much bigger demonstrate, and a mute change. each and every thing else is the two on the comparable point or no longer virtually as good because of the fact the recent iPod. I have been given the iPod touch 5g and that i've got not been disillusioned. have confidence me.