Do you miss the music of the late 90's and early 2000's decade?

I know I do! I was born in 1996 so basically my childhood was between 1998-2005. I know that music, movies, and tv shows don't define your childhood, but I really miss late 90's and early 2000's music! I mean there was so much good music made between 1997-2004 and the best part about this time period is that during it techno music was pretty much nonexistent on U.S. airways. back in those days there were good pop singers like Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears (her old music), Nelly Furtado, Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, P!nk , and Aliyah. Hip-hop had good artists like Jay-Z, Eminem, Timberland, The Black Eyed Peas (their old music), Missy Elliot, Lil' Kim, and Sean Paul. R&B was dominated by Mariah Carey, Aliyah, JoJo, R.Kelly, Destiny's Child, Christina Aguilera, and Mary J. Blidge. Rock, alternative, and post grunge belonged to Avril Lavigne, Aerosmith, Sheryl Crow, Linkin Park, Simple Plan, Green Day, Evanescene, and Coldplay. The dance scene belonged to, again, Kylie Minogue, Dirty Vegas, The Vengaboy and s. Adult contemporary belonged to artists like Kelly Clarkson, Sara Bareilles, Vanessa Carlton, Stacey Orrico, Norah Jones, and Alicia Keys. Nowadays, techno is almost in every song. For example, pop music is gone and techno has been converted into the new pop. Everyone is obsessed over lame "artists" and boy bands like One Direction and Justin Bieber, and other bad artists like Sia and Rihanna amd Chris Brown's new music, and everyone respects trashy stupid rappers like 2Chainz, Lil Wayne, Meek Mill, and Future are the best rappers alive or something. The only really good artist left is LIGHTS, and most Americans don't even know who she is because she is Canadian. So my main question is, what happened to music?

Favorite Answer

yeah well I was born in 1988 and I miss the music of 1993 more than 1998-2005 especially MJ of course !! The 80's 90's music was the best (60's and 70's were great too)

I loved Aaliyah and 1990's hiphop R&B music like Tupac, Lil Kim , naughty by nature, jodeci, alicia keys etc...

the World is going through a weird phase right now: 9/11 2001, Katrina, Sandy, tsunami 2004, war in Iraq, MJ death, recently worse school shooting in American history?? Deforestation is getting worse, global warming...and some will laugh when they'll read this but it's true! Climate change is scientifically proved so stfu

Michael Jackson fought his whole career to ''make the world a better place'', ''heal the world'' etc.. and the World greatly misses him because it's getting worse, really worse...In this World , I'm getting back to music lol, crappy lame artists are acclaimed because the media manipulates us and tells us what to like, what to listen to and the lack of any good makes us desperate and hanging to what's left...

Justin bieber is the living proof, people dare to compare him to Elvis or MJ when 20 years ago even 10 years ago he would have faded slowly like Aaron Carter or Enrique Iglesias (not that I hate on these last two, they are much better than bieber)

So this is it...I don't know which World is waiting for us in the future but I'm scared, I think the human race is about to extinct and I don't mean it's all about the music decreasing quality, the music getting bad is just a sign of what our World is going through

For my part I don't listen to new music cause there ain't nothin I like, I listen to the old one: timeless music never ages, legends never die.

An old good thing is better that a new bad thing

• Leslie

Yes, I absolutetly miss it! I think EVERYTHING ; music, movies, shows, even toys etc were better back then. Music has changed so much, and not in a positive way. Music these days is trash, but music was great in the 70, 80s and 90s, and early 2000s.

• ?

Yes :( when people actually took the time to make a creative song with a story line. Nowadays, songs have less creativity. Everything seems rushed to just make money for the song.

I hated music from that time period as well. I like the 70's and 80's!!!

I like the R&B/Rap and the alternative rock (like Smashing Pumkins) music of that era.

Dubstep and techno can kiss my ***:) it doesnt even take skill...soon there will just be a tv on stage playing white noise.....yes i miss it

missing michael jackson music so bad :(