What are the best acoustic guitars for under 500 dollars?

I am looking for an acoustic guitar, I already own an electric and have been playing for a couple of years. I have medium sized hands and would consider myself a level above a beginner. So far I have been considering the Seagull s6 original, and have been looking at blueridge as well. I am also willing to buy a used guitar.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

The $400-500 range includes either the low end of the midrange, or overpriced entry-level guitars, so I'd focus on construction as well as brand here. You should be looking for one with a solid spruce top, not plywood. If the product literature doesn't say SOLID spruce - not "spruce" or "select spruce" - it isn't. You can also tell by looking at the edge of the soundhole.

If you're buying used, one of the less expensive Taylors or Martins might be a possibility. Seagull has a good reputation for no-frills quality. However, you should get out there and play as many guitars in and around your price range as you can before making a selection.

• 3 years ago

Best Acoustic Guitar Under 500

• 3 years ago

Best Electric Guitars Under 500

• 4 years ago

If his one before was a more expensive one, then you should really give him the money towards a new one, or pay half of the new one he was going to buy, because if he's been playing an expensive Martin or a Taylor he probably won't appreciate a 500$ acoustic-electric guitar. You are one hell of a girlfriend though. Good luck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Takamine EG440SC G Series Acoustic-Electric Guitar Great-sounding and well-situated to playact, the Takamine EG440SC acoustic-electric guitar features a self-colored spruce top on a NEX cutaway body made from mahogany.

• 7 years ago

Check out the following brands of acoustics ranging $500 and less:

Alvarez, Ibanez, Takamine, Jasmine, Washburn, Regal, Gretsch, and more.

Source(s): Guitar player since 1956
  • OU812
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I've owned two Blueridge guitars and really liked both of them. Seagull and Yamaha make good guitars in that price range and if you can find an Eastman dealer they make incredible guitars for a great price. If I were were spending $500 on a new guitar it would be an Eastman.

• Harry
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Ditto the others.

Great brands as that Seagull S6: Alvarez; Dean; Epiphone; Ibanez; Lag; Tanglewood; Walden; Washburn; and Yamaha.

Source(s): 47 years guitar and keyboard player (all kinds, sizes, styles and ethnic origins)
  • 7 years ago

Hi Bendahen,

Here is 10 of the best greatest acoustic electric guitars under $500 for everyone who are looking for a top acoustic electric guitar under $500.

Cordoba C5-CE Acoustic Electric Classical Guitar

Price: $399.99 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

Epiphone PR-4E Acoustic-Electric Guitar Player Pack

Price: $199.00 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

Fender T-BUCKET-300CE Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Price: $188.12 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

Takamine G Series EG340SC Dreadnought Acoustic Electric Guitar, Natural

Price: $342.02 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

Seagull Entourage Rustic CW QIT Acoustic-Electric Guitar Rustic

Price: $499.00 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

Jasmine by Takamine ES33C Acoustic Guitar Pack

Price: $188.12 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

Luna Oracle Acoustic-Electric Guitar, Crane

Price: $349.00 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

Yamaha APX500 Acoustic Electric Guitar, Oriental Blue Burst

Price: $299.99 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

Jasmine by Takamine ES31C Acoustic Electric Guitar

Price: $159.95 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

Ovation Celebrity CC28 Acoustic-electric Guitar, Black

Price: $316.17 & ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

You can see and listen to the guitar sound examples at http://acousticelectricguitarz.com/10-best-acousti...

That's a bunch of good options for you. Hope it helps. Good luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.