WARM KALE OR SPINACH SMOOTHIE?

Hello. My body is aching for kale or spinach smoothie but it's winter and I hate drinking anything cold. That said, does anyone have a concoction of making a warm smoothie with kale, banana, all the good stuff?

A friend makes hers with hot water, which sounds boring and dull, but is that the only way?

Thank you.

Favorite Answer

I have a recipe I do and I make it smooth with one of those hand held blenders. But it takes a bit of time because it is actually a soup, but I think you might like it. Here is the recipe:

A package of frozen chopped spinach, or a bag of fresh

A can of chick peas

A little olive oil

Two chopped onions

A few stalks of celery, chopped

A large can of stewed tomatoes

Three cloves of garlic

Three chopped carrots

A tablespoon of chili powder,

A tablespoon of curry powder

Saute the onions, garlic, celery, carrots and spices in the olive oil in a large heavy pot. Then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about half an hour or more until all the veggies are cooked and softened. Let it cool a little and carefully blend it all together using the hand blender. It is great.