THE SIMS 2!!! "The application has crashed, the Application will now Terminate."?

Every time i launch the game it stay on a purple screen.. Does nothing.. so i minimize it and it has a little pop up message saying.. "The application has crashed, the Application will now Terminate."

Can someone pleeease help me!

I don't care if i lose all my houses on the sims or whatever. i just want to play my game! ):

I've tried un installing the game and expansion packs.. evertime i do. it works for a day then stops.

Favorite Answer

It's hard to tell without more information. Here are some things to try.

As the other person said, turn off all security or put on game mode. I disable the internet before I do this.

Do you have Norton? I updated Norton and then sims 2 wouldn't work. Norton had to be uninstalled before I could play again. I recomend Zone Alarm instead. It's free.

Do you have any custom content? This is content you placed in the game yourself. (Not expansion or stuff packs.) If you do, see if that is the problem. Go to my documents/ea games/sims 2/downloads. Take the downloads folder and put it on your desktop. Try the game again. If the game works, you have something that is messing up your game in the downloads folder.

Did it work before? Try to remember what has changed between when it worked and now.

Disk messed up? See if it is scratched.

Open up your sims 2 folder. (my documents/ea games/sims 2) You should see a bunch of folders. At the bottom do you see anything that is not a folder? If you see any of these: accessory, cache, content registry - then delete them. They get kind of stale. The game will recreate them as needed. I delete these every time before I play.

Sims 2 takes a lot of memory and RAM. Is it possible you need more to run it on your computer?

Try uninstalling things on your computer you don't use. If you don't know what it is, leave it alone in case it is needed to run the computer. Try taking all other games, pictures, etc and moving them to a disc or another computer. The more free space the better the game loads and runs.

Do you leave your computer on all the time? Sims 2 will run better if you turn your computer off and wait a minimum of 15 seconds before turning it back on.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, please give more information in another question and I'll try again.

hit start. type in regedit go into it and open folders until you find your sims 2 registery, minmize that window then uninstall the game, go back into regedit and check if the resistrey key is still there. if it is delete it. erase all traces of the game from your computer. run disk clean up and defragement to "clean" your computer.

A common cause of the glitch you're observing is having the color enabler package installed. DO NOT USE THIS if you scroll half way threw the misc all decoration folder in buy mode it'll crash your game all the same. reinstall the game. Play it without CC for a few days. then test all your cc one at a time as you re download to see if it's safe.

Remember, not all CC files cause problems for all the people, for some they'll work just fine. others it's like releasing the Black Death.

I'm having the same problem! The game works all until I start making a Sim, it freezes and says: This application has cracked, this application will now terminate. And I've tried changing the settings, and the graphics. Still, nothing has worked. I don't know how to fix the problem, I just want to play it!

the sims 2

Ummmmmmmmm i got the point . I think that your game is not geniune ,it is cracked game or sonewhat like that type . You can try this theory :-

turnoff your antivirus while playing the game(becoz antivirus kill some important game launching files) keep it turnoff for two-three days then see if the problem continues.......