How can I make my 1995 Civic lights brighter?

Hey guys, I have a 1995 Honda Civic DX and MAN do the lights ever suck! My high beams don't put out much light or go too far, and when I'm using my low beams and vehicles are passing me I feel completely blind. I put in some PIAA's about 4ish years ago but they didn't do too much.... I've... show more Hey guys, I have a 1995 Honda Civic DX and MAN do the lights ever suck! My high beams don't put out much light or go too far, and when I'm using my low beams and vehicles are passing me I feel completely blind.

I put in some PIAA's about 4ish years ago but they didn't do too much.... I've checked out the Halo Projector lights but once I researched them a lot of people seem to hate them? I also researched HID's and retrofits... I guess I just need someone to take me step by step starting cheapest way to fix this problem, maybe start out with some good light bulbs (xenon?) that aren't hella expensive and if that doesn't work what next.....

The actual headlight cover is clear, no sun damage or yellow tint so I don't think I need to replace those. Oh and also, I don't think it's the direction of my head lights cause when I bought the PIAA's a mechanic put them in and directed the light properly.

Someone please help!! Thanks so much :)