Can I run games on a USB hard drive?

I am thinking of getting a terrabyte or two USB hard drive to store all my pc games on but was wondering if I can run games I have downloaded from steam on the hard drive. I was thinking that if I can keep all y games and saves and stuff on the USB then my pc could run a lot faster with no memory problems. Does anyone else know if this can be done or any other ideas. I am thinking of making my own gaming pc an don't want to mess it up bydownloadig too many games on it which is what has ruined my current one because I have loads of games on steam but can only have a few on at a time and can't run minecraft because of memory issues. Thanks for any answers

Best Answer

You can install stuff on an external drive but you'll get worse load times due to the bottleneck that is USB.

As long as you keep like 10% of your system drive free or so you're fine.

• wiedyk

convinced it is going to run slower. Yourpersistent is being restricted with the aid of the USB connection to the computing gadget, were because it may often use a speedier SATA or maybe IDE connection. some video games you wont note the version, besides the undeniable fact that if its already a demanding recreation you'll see it taking longer to load, and doubtless even laggy recreation play.

Yup. Ive done it.