Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

Can someone tell me about Scottish terriers?

I'm getting one soon, and I'd like to know a bit more about them. How tall do they get? How much do they weigh? Stuff like that. Thanks! :)

My parents are getting one for the family, not me, and i'd like to know some fun facts/personal experience. I'm not that stupid to get a dog that i barely know about; I already have experience with dogs and know how to care for them.

Favorite Answer

scottish terrier are very good dogs, they dont shed alot , they have shorter lengeth hair that cover their 4 toes. they dont have no big tail. but anyway here more information about this breed .

popularly known as the "scottie, this familar little terrier is distinctive on account of its short legs and elongated head, and bushly facial hair. it is thought to have originated in the highlands and western islands of scotland , and to have been developed in an earlier form during the 1700's ,but it has only been known in its present form since the late 19th century, when it was first exhibited . it was initially referred to as the abedeen terrier , but became officially known as the scottish terrier when it was registerd with the british kennel club in 1897,A strong , hardy ,active ,and low -set dog ,the scottish terrier was employed as a ratter and also for hunting larger animals in their burrows , including rabbits, foxes, otters, and badgers ,today it is a popular companion breed in many countries around the world. and is also very successful as a show dog. .

height is 10-11inches

weight. is 18-22lbs

life spani is 12-14 years. come from britain.

description: is a compact , short -legged terrier. with an elongated muzzle and bushy facial hair. the ears are pointed and carried erect and the tail is of medium lengeth. the coat is coarse ,and may be black , gray , or wheaten or brindle colors.

I currently own a magnificent Scottie. She is a great little addition to the family. I would have to warn you that Scotties are terriers meaning they can be reserved and sometimes perhaps aggressive towards strangers and other animals. Make sure to not give in to their sneaky little ways like nudging for treats or whining for attention. They are intelligent but this may only benefit themselves rather than the owner. I wish I saw more of these dogs nowadays as you don't see them too often. Great pets for the right owners.

• Cat

I know there was a Scottish terrier on Disney's lady and the Tramp. I have a neighbor down the street that has 3 or 4 of them along with a dachshunds. Every time I walk by the house they look out the window and head for the doggie door to come out in the yard.

http://www.stca.biz/index.php?Itemid=140 -- Please understand this is not a breed for everybody! They are difficult to housetrain and not good with children.

You cannot ride them, pulll on their tail or their ears. They have German Shephard size teeth!!! You really need to love this breed before acquiring one.

We've owned the breed for 35 years and love them; we also do not have children.

Why are you getting one if you don't know anything about them?

Do some research!

Source(s): my dogs

Good grief.....you can't even manage your own research?

wow

http://www.akc.org/breeds/terrier_group.cfm