Fat asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 8 years ago

Jeff Gordon retiring?

Should racing legend Jeff Gordon (a top competitor of the nascar series) retire after 2013 racing season?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Truth
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i would like to see jeff win 104 races before he retires, to do that he has to get on a hot streak. everything jeff could control went well last year it was the things he could not that kept him from a 5th title.. being wrecked while leading races, blown engine , two rear tires cut when running well being caught up in other drivers wrecks ., If Jeff could have a little luck in 2013 .. he may just bring on a 5th title .. but it all about how well the drivers do in the new 2013 cars.. I am sure there could be some troubles as the cars will handle different as the airo is going to be different.. just hope they address the issue of over heating and tail pipes and front spoilers cutting down tires. also the top 35 rule is gone so every one has to race there way in will change things a bit .. now they need to pay 2 points for the pole when it is won.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

No ... No longer if he retired and was living. Now Jeff Gordon "is" an icon within the game. If he in no way wins another race he is nonetheless an icon within the activity. But if for some motive (and could God forbid) that if Jeff Gordon have been to die on the monitor, then I might see where it will be reasonable to recommend that it might be an honor to him to retire that quantity. It used to be additionally furnished to do the same with Dale Earnhardt Sr's number three when he died. He used to be additionally an icon within the sport and he did lose his existence on the track. However just to retire his number for him leaving on a voluntary foundation of retirement then no i don't feel the number will have to be retired. Besides sponsors may just need to preserve unique numbers attached to their contract agreements also.

• 8 years ago

No. He is still young compared to a lot of NASCAR drivers who quit when they were over 50. He won his last race and has a lifetime contract with Hendrick Motorsports. I think he still has passion for racing and as long as he has top equipment and is winning, he should stay until he wants to retire., I think it may be time for Mark Martin to retire though. Gordon is third on the all time winning list and all his wins came in the "Modern Era", when Petty and Pearson won many before 1971

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

My Man Will Actually Continue To Race In 2016.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Its possible a few years ago he did say he was looking at retiring in 5 years or so

He does have a bad back

Its more than likley he will race part time schedule like about 20/5 races something like Mark Martin

• He still has a few more years of racing in him I think. And if he cant win at Kentucky this season he should definitely not retire until he does lol.

• mbl
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

There is no reason for him to retire just yet. Hell, he just won the last race that was run.

• Josh
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Why on Earth would he retire? He is still capable of winning at almost any track on the circuit.

• SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Why? He's winning still, being competitive, making the Chase, etc. Its entirely up to him of course but I don't see any reason why he should.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No, not until he wins another Daytona 500, another Talladega race, another Brickyard 400, a race at Kentucky, and at least one more championship.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.