Why do muslims think that the Bible is corrupted?

I have done my research and cannot find ONE instance as to where or why the Bible is corrupted!

Anytime I debate with a muslim, that is their ONLY argument! And it isn't even true

Just because there have been hundreds of Christians that have seen God and wrote about it, doesnt mean it is corrupted. The Koran is written by ONE man in a cave, who was possessed by demons!

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Your research is somewhat lacking if you think Muhammed wrote the Qur'an in a cave. He was probably illiterate and didn't write anything. That was done after his death, when so many Muslim men were being killed in war that there was a real danger that Muhammed's sayings could be lost. They were orally transmitted, you see. Caliph Uth'man then organised the collation of all the sayings, and to get them written down. But Muhammed was stone cold dead and in his grave by then.

Your question - The answer is that because the Bible clearly shows Jesus of Nazareth to actually be the Son of God, crucified for our sins and then resurrected (Romans 1:1-6), the Muslims cannot have that. It negates everything Muhammed proclaimed. So the simplistic solution (they think) is to accept the Qur'anic statement (written 600+ years after the resurrected Jesus was seen by over 500 men) that Jesus was never the Son of God and that He never even died.

Oddly enough, we get Muslims on here quoting from the Bible to 'disprove' some Christian doctrine or other, yet they don't believe that Bible record to be authentic! They don't see how illogical it is for them to quote from a source they say is unreliable. And in their haste to use Bible verses to disprove one point, they fail to see the very verses quoted prove other points that negate Islam!

We really need to pray for Muslims, because the god of this system has blinded their minds, that the glorious good news about Jesus might not shine through. (2 Corinthians 4:4)

• rhona
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

in accordance to the Bible, e book of Genesis, financial disaster a million, verses 11-13, plant life replaced into created on the 0.33 day alongside with seed-bearing grasses, flora and bushes; and further on as per verses 14-19, the solar replaced into created on the fourth day. How is it scientifically a probability for the plant life to have known with out the presence of the solar, because it really is been suggested interior the Bible? It also says undemanding is created on the first day the position because the source of light 'The solar' is created on the fourth day. How is this scientifically a probability. The Quran does not factor out the above. If Bible is the comprehend Divine God He ought to not make mistakes even as describing evolution. There are also countless different mistakes interior the Bible i do not want to cite them. yet on peace television a Christian time-honored practitioner Campbell lost the talk to time-honored practitioner Zakir Naik. It replaced into very exciting. The Quran mentions Jesus is a Prophet like Abraham, Yusuf and Noah yet he's not God. Does the Bible say everywhere that Jesus is God? countless Authors wrote the Bible yet i do not imagine it replaced into appropriately written and checked proper after the death (or resurrection) of Jesus. If it replaced into blunders loose and scientifically staggering i might want to settle for it.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Because it is corrupt and you don't have to be a Muslim to see that. Look for example at the fact that the Catholic Bible has more books than the Protestant Bible.. showing that corruption did occur. Either the Catholics added stuff, or Protestants took out stuff. Either way, corruption. This is just one example out of dozens.

And I highly doubt that you've ever debated a Muslim. Muslims have far stronger arguments that just 'the Bible is corrupt' (which it is).

The glorious Qur'an is the word of God.

You should read it.. it'd benefit you a lot.

• Look, I think Islam absolutely, without a doubt, completely, totally sucks dead donkey balls.

BUT, as with the Koran (though they'll never admit it) the Bible has undergone some changes. It had to since not everyone who follows the Bible speaks Latin, Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew. There are different versions of the Bible even if you just look at English translations.

As for Mo', he didn't actually write that steaming pile of excrement himself.

As for the demons thing, he actually admitted to something similar in the bit about the 'Satanic Verses'. Apparently he was holed up in a castle, under siege and he conveniently had a life saving (his life) 'revelation' that other gods besides Allah were also real.

Later, in the safety of his tent, he changed his mind or it was 'revealed' to him that those new 'revelations' were actually from Satan.

See 'Salman Rushdie, the Satanic Verses'.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • jurgen
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

You must be that naive Christian.

You probably have never heard of Bart D. Ehrman.

He is not a Muslim but Professor of Religious Studies but he speak like a Muslim.

So, ask him why is he talking like a Muslim when dealing with the corruption of the Bible.

• 8 years ago

1. According to Genesis, God created light and separated day from night on the first day. However, the sun and stars which produce light weren't created until the fourth day. Since the sun is what separates day from night, that separation couldn't have happened until the fourth day.

2. Genesis contains the description of a firmament dividing the waters below from the waters above. Christians have believed that this firmament in Genesis was literally a dome or bowl which separates the sky from the earth. Into this firmament Christians believed God affixed the stars, the sun, and the moon.

Genesis 1:6-8: And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

3. Genesis depicts God creating plants on the third day even though the sun, which is responsible for the ability of plants to live, isn't created until the fourth day.

4. In Genesis, God is depicted as creating two lights for the sky: the greater light is the sun and the lesser light is the moon. This contradicts what we know from science, though, because the moon is not a light like the sun. The moon only reflects light from the sun.

5. According to Genesis, God provides for humans every plant for consumption. Science, however, makes it clear that some plants are poisonous and will kill us; in fact, we knew that some plants are dangerous even before science and science simply explained how and why. It's an error to claim that every plant is safe and appropriate for us to eat.

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

6. According to Genesis, all animals started out as herbivores and none were carnivores or omnivores. Science teaches us that there have always been carnivores and omnivores, not just herbivores.

Genesis 1:30: And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

7. According to Genesis, humans appeared instantaneously out of dust and breath. Science, in contrast, teaches that humans evolved over millions of years.

Genesis 1:27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:7: And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The list goes on, but I think 7 is a good small number for now.

• 8 years ago

Bible, Koran, Gita and books like these, are all tall on their own merits and are not depending upon any ones opinion or belief.

Those who hate books of others' religions are biggest sinners.

So one should not mortgage their intellect. If you do not like one religion it is ok. Do not give your opinion on that religion and follow what you like.

Religions and religious books are not dependent on followers, else such feeble based religions are not at all real religions.

So do not get hurt. If you are christian, have faith and go ahead with your activities.

Generally, one should not worry what others have achieved. I always think about what I have not achieved.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

All the holy books are corrupt they were all written by men, all men make the wrong decisions even the ones writing the holy books

• Church
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

The MO of each religion is to disprove other religion and gain followers for their own in order to save as many people as possible. Every religion calls the next one corrupt, and around and 'round we go.

Source(s): Catholic
  • 8 years ago

atleast we respect your religion.... unlike you...

why is Quran and Bible similar in many ways?

Musa - Moses (Peace Be Upon Him)

Yaqub - Jacob (Peace Be Upon Him)

Yusuf - Joesph (Peace Be Upon Him)

Dawood - David (Peace Be Upon Him)

there has to be a reason.

and btw we respect Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) more than you. so we're more christians than you christians and we have to obey every single thing he said unlike you christians who barely ever read the bible.

and as for your religion. does it teach you to be rude to other religions? if so what kind of religion do you have...

PS: you must be wondering why i haven't given you a proper answer. well i think there's no point of giving you the answer because either way your not gonna believe it.

but here's the proof= http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiFBq...

bible says one thing and then the total opposite. in islam it's not like that.

if i go to one church they will say something and if i go to other church they will say the total opposite while as if you go to different Mosques they will always tell you to read the Quran.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.