What is your all-time NFL D?

As in pick your own all-time Defensive players and put them together as well to make your ideal D. Specify if it is 4-3 or 3-4. Here's mine:

4-3

DE: Reggie White

DE: Deacon Jones

DT: Joe Greene

DT: Alan Page

LB: Chuck Bednarick

LB: Ray Lewis

LB: Lawrence Taylor

CB: Dick Butkus

CB: Jack Butler

FS: Paul Krause

SS: Rod Woodson

Update:

Sorry, CB was to be dick lane typo

+I did not choose Deion because, if a cornerback is a dandy lion of a tackler, then he shouldn't be considered at all, if you can cover that's just dandy lions and Sugar, but to be an all around player, you have to be able to do everything.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

DE: Reggie White (Minister of Defense could rule by intimidation alone)

DE: Bruce Smith (all-time sacks leader provides a quiet, yet dominating prerformance)

DT: Mean Joe Greene (just got to have the best DT of all time on there)

DT: Alan Page (only lineman to win MVP, never missed a game, can be considered best DT as well)

LB: Lawerence Taylor (he instantly knew one time he broke a QB's arm. Hard hitter)

LB: Ray Lewis (every defense needs a terrific motivator)

LB: Dick Butkus (still the stable to which all LB's are compared. May be greatest LB ever)

CB: Mel Blount (feared for his coverage abilities, AND [probably more] his punishing hits)

CB: Dick LeBeau (both top-10 all-time in INT and the best defensive coordinator in league history)

FS: Paul Krause (all time picks leader, and always a threat to Pick-6 one)

SS: Ronnie Lott (considered best DB ever, combines killer hits with deadlier INT's)

and, if running a 3-4 instead, drop out Page and add Jack Ham over Jack Lambert as the 4th linebacker. One of the best technical minds of all time can balance out the pain-inflicting foces of Taylor and Butkus

Source(s): NFL buff
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Thats difficult to assert! yet i could %. the completed line of defense of the ny Giants! alongside with Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Marcus Stroud, Julius Peppers, and Jason Taylor. i'm suprised no person has pronounced Robert Mathis! he's a beast! And Jason Taylor! some have reported that Jason Taylor is the superb shielding lineman interior the NFL.

• 8 years ago

You NEED to put Primetime Deion in there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.