Is there any anime like Sword Art Online that is related to real life possible things?

Some anime that's like it could actually happen in real life like here and now but with some drama in it.(More realistic and includes a game or some sort of thing) =)

Favorite Answer

Uhmm i wont realy go into detail but ill give you a couple

btw lots of people are recommending BTOOM... this is actually a new anime published by showgate.. its not really about real life and is kind of like the arena in hunger games where you go in an areana and killl other people but with bombs only... its based on a fake game like SAO but it is more like a organization making a fake game real for their own amusement. It does feature a love story like kirito and asuna in SAO<<< Yea but if you like SAO i would reccomend this first

I would also recommend the world god only knows.. features an intense gamer who in highly intrested in virtual dating but then gets dragged into real romance... its really funny and it one of my favs

I can give you a long list of other ones but they arent that intresting or noteworthy to watch ;P

Source(s): I watch ALOT of anime
  • Risen

Liar Game. It's a drama, not an anime, but it's a based off of a manga. It's not a video game, but a game where people in huge amounts of debt, or are just greedy for money compete in a game to lie each other out of their money. They are given 100 million yen each to compete and the loser will be 100 million yen in debt while the winner will gain 100 million. There's more, but I won't spoil you. It's pretty interesting, I've read the manga before.

Upcoming Anime - Savanna Games for Winter Dec 2012 - 2013

You can watch it at some popular anime site.

Accel World, its from the same author, and also similar technology in both anime.

Besides that, I think Hunger Game also looks like SAO because both are also a game that place the players' real life in the risk.

I agree with KingArthur13, try BTOOOM! You say you're looking for something with drama and and a game, right? Well, BTOOOM! is similar to SAO but completely different at the same time.

BTOOOM! starts off with Sakamoto Ryouta, a good-fer-nothing in the real world. He's 22 and unemployed and spends most of his time playing a game called BTOOOM! in his room. In the BTOOOM! world, he's a master and immensely respected--he's even "married". But then one day, he wakes up alone on a deserted island to find out that someone has trapped him and a bunch of other players in order to get them to play BTOOOM! in real life. Armed with bombs called BIMs, Ryouta must realize who his true allies are and who's just waiting to betray him. One false step and--BTOOOM!--you're dead.

Most of the show takes place on the deserted island and there are a lot of surprises involved. It's a seriously cool anime, I'd say, watch it :) Ah, and it's fairly new as well, with episodes coming out every week. Here's a link: http://www.gogoanime.com/category/btooom

Source(s): I... have no life =_= So I pretty much just spend my time finding animes like this.....

In the distant future, it could be a strong possibility. At the moment we don't have the technology required to create such a world, let alone a machine that would have external access to the brain. 50-100 Years, from now and it could become a reality.

Guilty crown

UN-GO

Durararara

I don't know if you already know this, but I found 2 more "online" named animes which is Gun Gale online, and Alfheim online.