Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 8 years ago

Baby girl name; Adelaide OR Ada?

Bit stuck on this one and hope to just make a final decision. Recently I heard of the name Adelaide and think it's really pretty and feminime, sophisticated but sweet - now someone has said Ada could be used as a nickname. Now I liked Ada itself originally, and I think it ages really well, like I could imagine a cute two year old with bunches with it, as well as a kickass manager or spy aha.

So, in your opinion, Adelaide (add-uh-LAYD) or Ada (ay-duh)

thank you!

Favorite Answer

The best names are those that have less chance of being corrupted and shortened to nick names. Ada is the best of both worlds. She would have one to begin with and keep it throughout life. Give her a strong but longer second name if you wish. If Ada then not Adelaide though. It will offer her a choice if she ever felt she needed one later in life.

• Adelaide would be best, as Ada sounds more like a nickname, and often the meanest kids will find something wrong with the name Ada, not that I have anything against it. Hope this helps!

I love Adelaide, it's so classic but girly and fun.

Ada is short for my taste, I like long classy names.

Ada doesn't really sound like a great nickname for Adelaide. Since the pronunciation is different.

Ada: Ay-duh

Adelaide: add-uh layd.

But I love the nickname Adele for Adelaide.

Hope this helps! x

• MJ

Adelaide is super pretty, and yes Ada is a good nickname if you're stuck on which you like better. You get the best of both worlds! (:

Adelaide (with ada as a nickname)

• Lucy

Adelaide, then the kid has a choice for Ada as a nickname(:

Adelaide is however better than ada!

Stella is the one I choose, customarily due to the fact that that Estella is a little rough on the tongue. --- I suppose that Stella and Catherine sound best collectively, as well as Stella and Josephine. I quite often could not make a decision which to opt for, so i'd focal point on the center names to come to a decision which would go first-rate. Here are some suggestions: Stella Marie & Catherine Elizabeth Stella Grace & Catherine Hope Stella Marie & Josephine Violet Stella Grace & Josephine religion --- Very quality of success!

Adelaide, no nickname

I like the girls name Adelaide better .. It's really cute :))