are the doctors blowing me off?

one day at work about a month ago i felt like i was going to pass out, my blood pres went threw the roof, i ended up going to the e.r. because i though i was having a heart attck.. they did an ekg blood test chest xray and told me i had a panic attack... i havent felt the same since ive been feeling very dizzy sleeping 12 hours a day jolts threw out my body, i went to the doctor to see what she thought.. i told her my toes keep going numb and im sleeping 12 hours a day and i get this sensation like im wetting myself when i am not!! she told me anxiety and out me on celexa.. i did bad with that so i was told to try zoloft.. same thing. went back to my doctor and told her im having numbing still. she would not refur me to a nurologist until i got my "anxiety" ubder control... that night i couldnt feel my whole hand so i freaked out went back to the e.r. tested my thyroid and gave me a refral to there nurologist... i finaly felt like something was being done..but when i went to see the nurologist he looked at my doctors notes that told him anxiety and only gave me a in offive exam... told me im fine healthy and its the anxiety... why wont they look more into this??? now it feels like the tops of my hands are super bruised and my foots going to numb im afraid to take a shower because i think ill slip or something... sorry about spelling...

Favorite Answer

"e.r. tested my thyroid" then the doctor did not tell you results???? A main cause of anxiety is thyroid disease.

Thyroid disease is missed more than found. Three reasons: 1) not checking for antibodies; 2) going by wrong TSH 'normal' range; and, 3) not listening to symptoms.

You need testing for thyroid ANTIBODIES as well as TSH. TSH ‘norm’ should be .3 – 3 (w/ most feeling best at < 2, like maybe ONE) but, for diagnosis, may not mean much if ANTIBODIES are present which is indicative of Hashimoto’s Autoimmune Thyroiditis (cycles between HYPER & HYPO at start)…it is the main cause of eventual HypOthyroidism but worse (...OR Graves Disease – HypERthyroid from beginning).

You will have to INSIST they test for the antibodies. [anti-TPO and TgAb] They can code so that ins will pay.

WARNING: Doctors seem not to want to find/treat thyroid disease. You may have to go to more than one doctor before you get the right tests, interpretation, and treatment. Best wishes.

ALWAYS GET COPIES OF YOUR LABS.

Ck these:

http://thyroid.about.com/bio/Mary-Shomon-350.htm

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

http://www.thyrophoenix.com/index.html

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/newsinfo/l/blguideline...

God bless you

Source(s): Hashimoto's Autoimmune Thyroiditis sufferer

It might be anxiety or a nerve problem. But these are specialists who have studied medicine for a long time...its probably anxiety. Go to a psychiatrist and see what they say. Ask about possible medication changes and opportunities for therapy such as CBT to gain control of your anxiety

Source(s): I have anxiety
  • ?

i imagine this is critical to no count number what number children you've had to sense like you are able to assume your typical practitioner's workplace no count number who you're handling from the appointment individual all the thanks to the docs themselves (exceptionally because the workplace team are the front line in getting get properly of entry to on your typical practitioner!). this is been my journey that in an workplace the position each little thing is because this is going to be, with the exception of a few surly personalities from time to time, only about each body contained in the workplace treats me with an same aspect of courtesy and appreciate and takes me heavily. for the period of my 2d being pregnant, i began going to an workplace the position the docs were ok besides the undeniable fact that the employees completely treated each lady like only yet another determination. at the initiating, I left out it, yet because the being pregnant stepped forward, it only kept hitting me incorrect. ultimately, over 0.5 way by my being pregnant, I switched to a clean workplace, and it became truly the desirable determination I ever made in well being care. even although i became really on the hot workplace for some weeks previously shipping, the entire team treated me splendidly and so did the overall practitioner. no count number what i needed or what number situations I talked about as (exceptionally with 3 pretend alarms), all of them answered helpfully and took each challenge heavily. in case you do not sense this help out of your workplace, evaluate switching. this is not any longer unreasonable to anticipate the persons you're operating with on some thing as significant as having a toddler to regulate you with the point of appreciate that makes you sense like they are on your aspect and worried about you. (And your questions were no longer questions that they ought to were blowing off, even slightly.) good success to you.