Is this film Ilford XP2 Black and White?

I just took an old film from my Grandad's camera, must have been in there for over 10 years. Could very well be blank, if it's black and white I'll be able to develop it myself but I don't want to ruin it if its colour. Here's the information from the roll -

Ilford XP2

DX Process C41 or XP1

Perfect, thanks very much for the quick reply.

• sagara

The negative itself will come out like a black and white negative.

The process, you'll have to take it to a lab and tell them C41. "I want the C41 process"

I'd also be careful...

I tried to take a few rolls of XP2 to the lab. The heartless shrewed tried to stiff me. Trying to charge me the more expensive black and white processing for what was the C41 processing. This film also constantly confuses most uninformed walmart photo labs where they don't know how to distinguish C41 negative processing and black and white film.

Take extra care that they actually do process your film like a black and white film.

It's a colour chemistry film which produces black and white negatives.

You need to use a C41 process (most supermarkets will do this).

I developed a 50 year old film which was so old it had welded itself to the camera! Photos still came out perfect!

i might want to take them to a image-lab (a pro or semi-professional one) to get them finished precise. many of the cheap image labs merely use the time-honored chemistry for in spite of the indisputable fact that movie.. meaning you gained't get the great outcomes. once you've get admission to to the chemistry, i tips doing it your self! That way you may push/pull proces if what you shot is merely too contrasty / flat.