Is this the best Obama election response money (union campaign donation funds) could buy literally?

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-opposes-proposed-measu...

Unions may not be able to stop Michigan Republicans from making the laws final on Tuesday, political analysts said. Governor Rick Snyder, who once opposed right-to-work as a divisive issue, has said he will sign them into law.

................................and regarding the donations...................

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/ob...

http://www.akdart.com/labor6.html

quoting...

When you write out a check for union dues, you might as well make the check payable to the Democratic National Committee, because that's where the money is eventually going.

Labor unions appear to be little more than fundraising machines — and pools of temporary manpower — for the Democratic Party. But the Democratic Party supports a number of things that the average blue collar worker opposes, such as high taxes, gun control, abortion, same-sex adoptions, same-sex marriages, women in combat, radical environmentalism, radical feminism, race-based hiring quotas, and a permanent multi-billion dollar welfare state.

In fact, the entire Democratic platform is wildly out of step with mainstream Americans. But you are helping to promote this platform when you pay union dues.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/10/wsj-unions-c...

quoting...

Lost in all the screeching over the Citizens United ruling two years ago was the fact that unions have largely been exempt from campaign-finance restrictions on speech. Unions spent a fortune in 2010, far more than the corporations will in this election, no matter what the hysterics think. In fact, according to FEC reports from that election, unions accounted for three of the top five outside groups in spending for the midterms — specifically, public-sector unions AFSCME, SEIU, and the NEA.

Today, the Wall Street Journal reports that even those numbers are deceiving as to the real spending by unions, with or without Citizens United. They calculate that the total amount contributed by unions in elections and in lobbying may be four times larger than what appears in the FEC reports:

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Citizens United decision only STRENGTHENED the rights of Unions (which are BUSINESSES, after all!) to spend as much as they care to supporting their preferred candidates!

Though I disapprove of that decision, it could be validly-argued that it helped Obama win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

Youtube thumbnail

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

It will be naive and stupid for any individual to suppose that a baby-kisser can win the presidency with out corporate backing. No offense however this is the reality of yankee politics and these are the rules that our legislative residences have based and enacted in regulation. It has also been bolstered by the united states Supreme courtroom in a up to date ruling. If the foundations are situated as they are then i might expect any candidate from any occasion to embrace some thing the legislation enables for their win and survival. I am not pronouncing that i love the foundations but i can't fault any politician for following them and/or utilizing them to his full talents. This isn't tiddly winks. The principles do not give us the posh of getting a ideaistic candidate.

• 7 years ago

Its necessary to understand... What use to be knows, as Republicans, prier to 1980... Are a minority now.. In the Republican party... A lot of those Republicans, turned Democrat, as I did...

Of those Republicans, or what's left, of them, simply have little, to no power....

Sense what use to be called, the old southern Democrats, & Dixiecrats, now called Tea Party, & Neo-Con,, took over, the Republican party..........Those same old southern Democrats, & Dixiecrats, were a huge problem, for Democrats, back when they were, Democrats...

Its actually, not all that hard, to spot, an old southern Democrat, & especially a Dixiecrat...

Because they're always pushing, for some type of slavery, for, or below, minimum wage... Like right to work states... Always ready, to push for a war, some place in the world... Always pushing some type of racism,,, & always talk of succeeding from the union,, if they can't have they're way... They are indeed, now called Republican.. But that part of they're agenda, has always remained, the same...

• 7 years ago

No more closed shops. No forced Union dues. I find this hard to believe after 40 years of tyrannical AFL-CIO dictatorship.

Source(s): 23 years Independent Sole Prorpietor, retired.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Poorest Question Title Award 2012

TA DA!! Congratulations

• 7 years ago

Unions are basically COMMUNIST organizations.. if you have ever belonged to one.. and have a brain in your head, you have to admit that. Unions are very bad for the country.. but very good for Barry, he being the top Communist we now have in this country. Goodbye democracy!

• tagboy
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Get a life

• 7 years ago

Im sorry but i think Obama is doing more bad than good.

• 7 years ago

Get a job.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.