Yeast infection came back?

Here is my sad story, I started feeling an itch around my vagina which lead to an extremely itchy and swollen vagina the next day. The school nurse told me it sounded like a yeast infection and I went and purchased monistat and at this point I couldn't handle the itch. I was supposed to use one at night but... show more Here is my sad story, I started feeling an itch around my vagina which lead to an extremely itchy and swollen vagina the next day. The school nurse told me it sounded like a yeast infection and I went and purchased monistat and at this point I couldn't handle the itch. I was supposed to use one at night but needed relief so I inserted a pill and slept for four hours, this was early in the morning. Then that night I used another pill, that day I got the cottage cheese discharge and used the final pill.

The discharge and itch were slowly tapering off but then I worried because I technically took two tablets into me in one day I bought another box. About three days later of finishing the first box and I inserted another tablet. I woke up very itchy and used some of the cream that came in the dual box.

Did I make this worse for myself by starting a new pack? Now I think I disturbed my body when it was fixing itself. My mom agreed it was a good idea but now I think I messed everything up again. I am 18 and in the middle of university exams. I am extremely stressed and this is making life harder. Can anyone tell me why this happened and what I should do?
1 answer 1