How to bring my pot smoking, beer drinking mom to rehab or institution?

My white mother in her 50,s has a full time job and spends money on beer whenever she can, she spends money on pot and smokes it in my fathers rented house. She becomes seductive ,crazy , assaulting,violent, harassing, she is his exwife. Her tone is manipulative, shes hurtful,she attacks my father violenty and drags me in to conversations by her verbal aggressive violent tone and words.there more to say but with proof I'm collecting videos and sound recordings. Please write down anything I do to put her in rehab or a institution the area is in Florida. Any rehab number or any information will help. I'm a full time college student over 23 I haven't smoked in one year and 9 months. And by February it will be 2 and so on. Cops have been called but she guilts her way in staying and its just becoming worse for me and my father. Please. Write down something smart. And well worded.thanks

4 Answers

  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    well you cant do anything you're self she has to be willing my mom tried the same thing to get help for my dad and they were like well who are you to him and she said she was his wife and they told her there was nothing they could do because they cant make him go to rehab unless hes willing. so you cant make her go unless she does a lot of bad s**t like lindsy lohan and gets a court order. really all i can say is keep recording and making videos and then try calling intervention (you know the tv show) if you're lucky or its bad enough they might come and help you but even with their help they cannot make her go to rehab but what they do is usualy pretty powerful and the people usualy say yes. Hope i helped

    Source(s): personal experience
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago


    Until the person needing rehab WANTS IT, it's pointless.

    There's no such thing as FORCING a person to go into rehab unless it's a legal issue (ie person committed a crime, part of the sentence is rehab).

    Deal with it or don't.

    Move out if you can't.

    There's literally nothing else you can do.

    Source(s): ER RN, deals with druggies/drunks every day. They DO NOT CHANGE. Ever.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

    Be honest with her, and talk to her in a way so that she knows you care about her... Its not easy to have to deal with this, but patience and perseverance help, dont give up on her. She needs you, whether or not she knows it. Talk to her, and tell her that you love and care about her, and ask her to do it for you, and that you will be with her every step of the way. She needs someone to understand how she feels. Be gentle and understanding.

    Source(s): good luck
    • Login to reply the answers
  • ulberg
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

    hmm i heard which you would be able to get breasts (properly with men) reason i knew somebody that stated his pal went the surgeon reason he had lumps on his breast section ... so yea lool... I rather have smoked weed, i'm no longer ashamed to assert it and that i dont think of your abdomen differences i'd think of it often is the munchies area lmfao!

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.