Do Christians not only believe without evidence but deny evidence that disproves their beliefs?

To believe without evidence is to nullify the human brain's ability to think logically, but to deny evidence that disproves existing beliefs, isn't this going a step further, a step in the wrong direction? So not only have Christians ceased their forward momentum, they've started rolling back down the hill, right?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

And that's the nightmare of faith...not only believing things with no evidence, but believing things despite the evidence against them. I can't subscribe to that kind of ignorance.

• 8 years ago

hun love ya but I believe with evidence have have not seen any evidence that disproves my beliefs. If one truly looks at evidence then the only logical conclusion is that Christianity is correct. However I do find that those who believe in evolution do not seem to know how to use the human brains ability to think for it seems they will believe any headline that says it is proof of evolution and never even look at what is stated as evidence or they would never believe it.

• 8 years ago

If you have not experienced viewing a nuclear bomb go off in front of your eyes you probably wouldn't believe the person who told you they had witnessed such a thing. A personal relationship with The Creator of everything is far better felt than telt. There is NO evidence whatsoever denying the existence of the Lord Jesus Christ except that of theories abound. But there are many many historical documents acknowledging His existence.. When you invite The Lord God into your heart and life, you really change. People close to you will swear something has happened but you will know that you know something profound has happened. That is evidence, but very difficult to explain to a person who does not want to believe.

• 4 years ago

The tao which will study isn't the eternal Tao The call which will be named isn't the eternal call. The unnamable is the ceaselessly actual. Naming is the beginning of all particular issues. --Tao Te Ching. my personal own investigations have became out that what really everyone believes finally factors to at least some thing, that's an similar element interpreted otherwise by utilising each and each human being, even those of a similar faith. or maybe atheists, even as appeared at in a particular mild. faith is the attempt to outline the undefinable and translate it into some variety container preparation guide for residing. it truly is high quality with me. the problem is that really everyone receives so stuck up in information they lose sight of the essence, and ALL religions have executed this. They get so stuck up of their good way they lose perspective. the coolest, maximum strong human beings least in all probability to have crises of religion are those with a touch flexibility of their perspectives.those who do not get all tied up about what version is ideal, are the most at peace. i imagine they are the nearest to it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • dathip
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Because of we already have proof. It is called the Holy Bible, composed of 66 books with at least 40 different authors written within 1500 to 2000 years of world history, conformity with reality, has different genres of literature(prophecy, romanticism, etc), and accurate in every way shape or form. The issue is that by assumption you have not read the book. It seems that we do not need to prove anything because you are too lazy and seek if the information is indeed true. Correct? Also that fact within the atheist worldview cannot even account for logic ontologically and epistemological shows how much you are literally walking contradiction. Now where is your "evidence"?

• 8 years ago

Because there is no evidence to prove the Bible is wrong or faith is wrong...can you prove that faith exsists? Can you prove that love exsist? Christians have increased their forward momentum and churches have grown in members with-in a months time ...why because of the election...Christians faith have deepened because of the last chapter of the Bible...it's discribed things that have happened already and that we are warned will happen...Napolian,Hitler and now Obama...it's all in the Bible...the disasters like Sandy...in the Bible...check it out...it's right there in black and white!!!

• 8 years ago

It's not that Christians "believe without evidence."

It's just that the evidence is subjective.

• Brian
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Interesting, so you use the laws of logic. They are abstract unobservable - but non-the-less accepted by science. The Laws of logic are conceptual by nature and absolute. Being absolute they transcend space and time. The 'scientific community' uses them - but 'science' can NOT account for them. This is not logical! On the other hand - the Christian can use these laws and can account for them. Praise God for this!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

There has never been evidence that disproved anything in the Bible.

There are dozens of atheists here who think I'm wrong, but for some reason will never demonstrate that I'm wrong.

There must be a reason for that...

• 8 years ago

I think the Holy Hand grenade has it right, they want to believe that they are right and will block out anything that disproves their beliefs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.