What can I do to make my honda vtx 1300 stock exhaust loud?

I heard I could drill 3 holes in my baffles but where,how big and how deep.

will I need to re jet my carb also

will I need to re jet my carb also

will I need to re jet my carb also

• mn
    Favorite Answer

yes you can drill through the back baffle in the pipe..check to see what size the area between the hole & the side wall of the pipe is on the rear of the pipe.. pick a drill that will put a hole about 1/2-3/4 of that distance.. then pick a spot & drill away.. the further you go in.. the more baffles you reduce.. & the louder it gets.. they say 3 holes so you can space them evenly around the baffle..

& you shouldn't need to touch anything else.. like the carbie .. because it makes only a small difference in back pressure & volume..

• ?

Vtx 1300 Exhaust

Loud doesnt make you faster,and loud pipes dont save lives. I have drag pipes on all my bikes simply because I like the noise.If its to loud then your to old. Yes you can drill out the baffles but it wont sound like a nice set of drag pipes. If your going to make a lot of noise at least do it right! If nobody makes drag pipes for that bike than a muffler shop can fabricate a set for you. Not sure about the optimum length and diameter for that motor but a good shop can figure it out and make something that actually works. I would also have an anti reversion cone installed as well to make sure the pipes actually flow.

You can drill out your baffles, and you have to re-jet after changing your exhaust so I wouldn't think that you need to re-jet your carb if you only drill the exhaust.

You could always buy a slip on exhaust to make your bike loud but I heard they are illegal depending where you are from and how loud they are. (Don't quote me on that though)

You need to do a CLAYTON ROOT modification,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD2Mxph2r-w

Youtube thumbnail

INJECTION..... NO CARB

so no engine or fuel mods required.

If you don't even know your bikes specs you shouldnt be messing with any of it

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yupp it should fit fine but you might need an adapter