What can I do to make my honda vtx 1300 stock exhaust loud?

I heard I could drill 3 holes in my baffles but where,how big and how deep.

Update:

will I need to re jet my carb also

Update 2:

Update 3:

6 Answers

Relevance
  • mn
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

yes you can drill through the back baffle in the pipe..check to see what size the area between the hole & the side wall of the pipe is on the rear of the pipe.. pick a drill that will put a hole about 1/2-3/4 of that distance.. then pick a spot & drill away.. the further you go in.. the more baffles you reduce.. & the louder it gets.. they say 3 holes so you can space them evenly around the baffle..

& you shouldn't need to touch anything else.. like the carbie .. because it makes only a small difference in back pressure & volume..

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Vtx 1300 Exhaust

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Loud doesnt make you faster,and loud pipes dont save lives. I have drag pipes on all my bikes simply because I like the noise.If its to loud then your to old. Yes you can drill out the baffles but it wont sound like a nice set of drag pipes. If your going to make a lot of noise at least do it right! If nobody makes drag pipes for that bike than a muffler shop can fabricate a set for you. Not sure about the optimum length and diameter for that motor but a good shop can figure it out and make something that actually works. I would also have an anti reversion cone installed as well to make sure the pipes actually flow.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You can drill out your baffles, and you have to re-jet after changing your exhaust so I wouldn't think that you need to re-jet your carb if you only drill the exhaust.

You could always buy a slip on exhaust to make your bike loud but I heard they are illegal depending where you are from and how loud they are. (Don't quote me on that though)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

You need to do a CLAYTON ROOT modification,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD2Mxph2r-w

Youtube thumbnail

INJECTION..... NO CARB

so no engine or fuel mods required.

If you don't even know your bikes specs you shouldnt be messing with any of it

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

yupp it should fit fine but you might need an adapter

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.