promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What jobs are covered by unions?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Who belongs to a union? Unions members work in every industry from construction to government. Mail carriers are represented by a union. So are actors, musicians, construction workers, teachers, college professors and nurses, Walmart, manufacturing plants, electricians, housekeeping at hospitals and other organizations etc..

How to Find a Union Job

How do you join a union? Many unions have apprenticeship programs where training is provided for entry-level employees. Or, if you're an experienced worker, you may be able to bypass the training program. Contact the Central Labor Council for your location to find out about union apprenticeship and employment opportunities. Or check directly with a labor union in your career field or location.Also, check our directory of Union Jobs for opportunities with specific unions like International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers or the United Auto Workers.

Source(s): College Career Instructor
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Pat
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Holyfrikkinhell.

Freefrom is right about everything EXCEPT one.

WALMART IS THE MOST ANTI-UNION COMPANY IN THE USA.

Every time you walk into a walmart you support slavery.

A "college career instructor" should know that.

The 56 unions of the AFL-CIO represent 12 million workers.

http://www.aflcio.org/About/AFL-CIO-Unions

• minko
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I do know that bell air employees are. Aka grocery shops. I feel the automotive enterprise is unionized. Additionally, determine into mining, i do know that all different types of miners have been unionized. No clue if that has been constant but.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.