Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 8 years ago

bands similar to alice in chains?

i need more bands like them, but in particular im talking about jar of flies, and kind of chilling out music like their last album, i love the whispering, the drum beats etc.

Update:

and i know the main grunge bands so not soundgarden, stone temple pilots etc.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • GK Dub
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Mad Season - This band was a side-project involving Layne Staley (from Alice In Chains) and Mike McCready (from Pearl Jam). They only had one album called "Above" but it was kind of mellow like the "Sap" and "Jar of Flies" EPs.

Dropbox - This group had one self-titled album, but it was obvious that Alice In Chains were a huge influence of them.

Dust For Life - Another group who only put out one album, but they were also clearly influenced by AIC.

Days Of The New - They put out 3 albums, but their first album (the yellow self-titled one) was their most popular and also had that mellow, acoustic AIC feel to it. Three of the band members formed a new group called Tantric whose first album also had a lot of AIC influence on it.

If you like any of these bands, also check out U.P.O. or Second Coming.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Soundgarden,Nirvana, The Melvin's

• 8 years ago

Faith No More

Mudhoney

Tool

Danzig

Audioslave

Deftones

Helmet

• 8 years ago

The link below list all bands similar to Alice In Chains and also grades their similarity to them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

mad seasons

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.