If I start a small business from home do I have to pay taxes?

A friend and I have decided to start a small business (if thats what it would be categorized under). We basically want to make handmade jewelry and accessories and sell it locally, we are college students and want to do something productive. Would we have to pay taxes as if it were a true business? The biggest... show more A friend and I have decided to start a small business (if thats what it would be categorized under).
We basically want to make handmade jewelry and accessories and sell it locally, we are college students and want to do something productive. Would we have to pay taxes as if it were a true business? The biggest this is going to get is maybe 50 or so likes on Facebook. Like I said, it's just a couple of college kids getting together to try a good idea. We don't want to get in any trouble with the law. We aren't planning on going international or even statewide, just something in our community.
Ps. We live in Louisiana. Thanks!