Will the company that buys the Hostess brands make them in China to avoid the labor union problems that caused?

Hostess to go under in the first place?

Favorite Answer

No, my guess is that it would be made in mexico. Bimbo bread already makes Wonder bread in the west, and I suspect they would buy up the east coast rights. They have been buying up all our name brand bread company. recently they bought up Sara lee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grupo_Bimbo

My guess was based on it's history, but Evidently I was right. They would keep some factories here though.

Actually, it was the greed of the family and not the union that caused Hostess to fail. Plus, sadly, they did not keep up with the growing American awareness of the harm junk food can cause.

• Maybe the bakers union will buy the brands and open up an all union shop. This way they can negotiate with themselves on labor deals and the utopia will begin.

I am sure Kraft is eyeing this purchase. They have factories that can meet the demand. It will be interesting to see what happens.

• leesa

overseas international locations isn't stricken by utilising an American cap and commerce device. So if you're between the few producers nonetheless in united states of america why stay once you would possibly want to pay a sparkling cap and commerce tax. The cap and commerce bill will deliver more effective production and jobs to overseas international locations.

One of the most likely buyers for some of the Hostess brands is the largest bakery company in the world, headquartered in Mexico.

It wasn't the fault of the union. People have a right to protest. You'd just rather have them shut up and work huh? Do you even have a job? Twinkies are nasty and overpriced sugar. The only reason they made any headlines was because they went out of business or whatever. They couldn't even campaign for money to save them. There are probably a few hundred save the twinkie Facebook accounts rotting away in a memory database somewhere. Noone cares about Facebook anymore.

Everyone on foodstamps buys generic.

• Kati

First of all, I hope not. Second, yes, it was really the labor union's fault for refusing to accept an 8% pay cut while the executives got 1.8 million in bonuses after they stopped paying into retired employee's health care.

Problem was caused by the Executives.

just hire non union workers.

They come back as dumpling dong tainted milk butt.