Can a 20 year old get in trouble for dating a 16 year old in Ohio?

I have a friend who is 16 and she wants to be with a 20 year old. Her mom and her dad both dont approve it. Her mom threatened the press charges on the guy, and he still wants to be with her.... they are in love i believe. but If they don't have sex, could he still get in trouble?
Update: its wrong for a 16 year old to date a 20 year old but its not wrong when a 26 year old is with a 30 year old? its the same thing. they havent had sex and the girl is my sister. i know this is what she really wants and i wanna try to help the best i can. if she waits til shes 17, he'll be 21 but would they be... show more its wrong for a 16 year old to date a 20 year old but its not wrong when a 26 year old is with a 30 year old? its the same thing. they havent had sex and the girl is my sister. i know this is what she really wants and i wanna try to help the best i can. if she waits til shes 17, he'll be 21 but would they be able to be together then?