What do you think about Zimmerman suing the media?

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-sues-nbc-re...

I can't say that he is innocent but I agree the media lied about him and made it seem as though he was a white supremacist.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Legally, I don't know how easy it will be to sue a news organization for something like this. However, his own attorney defending him on the murder charge as well as a Philadelphia based lawyer is handling the suit against NBC, so its likely if they putting time and effort into it, there's a chance they can win.

I hope he wins, not just for NBC's unfairness, but the unfairness from the media as a whole. All sorts of lies were rampant after the shooting occurred like, he shot Martin in the back of the head, or shot him twice, shot him as he begged for his life, he hunted Martin like a dog, he racially profiled Martin etc. Tons of lies and unsubstantiated claims.

With this case, people tend to ignore the facts and go by emotion alone. The two most important things regarding the second degree murder charges he faces are: The state prosecutors must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman murdered Martin and did not act in self defense in fear of death or great bodily harm. That's their responsibility, they charged him, now they have to prove it.

Second, there is no proof he murdered him. There were no witnesses to the prelude of the fight, no one saw or heard the words and actions that started the physical confrontation. So how can they prove this was murder with no evidence? We can't simply conclude he did it based on our emotion, that's not a conviction works in our legal system.

Ultimately, with only having circumstantial evidence as a basis for the charge, I could not imagine any jury would convict him without solid proof. There is just way too much reasonable doubt in terms of the injuries he sustained corroborating his self defense claim.

• 8 years ago

I'm glad that Zimmerman is suing NBC. Thanks for postng the link.

NBC's editing of the George Zimmerman 911 call tape was a terrible act. It's troubling that NBC knowingly and willing committed the act.

NBC needs to be penalized enough to make other media outlets know that dishonest portrayal of events is not a good idea. There's a thing called morality that says it's not okay to misrepresent an event. NBC obviously doesn't consider morality when they do the things they do. I hope Zimmerman wins and gets a lot of money from them.

• 8 years ago

About time someone decided that that our unbiased and impartial media needed to be held accountable. This was nothing other that willful neglect by NBC, intentionally altering the content of the 911 tape to make it sound like Zimmerman's call was motivated by race.

• 8 years ago

It's just NBC, isn't it? They were in the wrong to edit the tape, but I read that Zimmerman could get a guilty verdict but probably not damages because he would have to prove that NBC ALONE caused any loss of reputation or financial losses.Given the widespread publicity, that could prove difficult.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Steven Pagones won a defamation settlement from Al Sharpton.

Zimmerman's case against NBC is at least a strong.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

But you can't bring yourself to admit that the media does the same thing with politics?

Zimmerman is NO WAY guilty of Second Degree murder.

Perhaps a lesser of manslaughter, but probably not even.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

the media is a joke

the media helped elect an incompetent to ruin our country

and the media sensationalized a very tragic moment that happens in most major cities like chicago every day

• Math
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

its legit lawsuit. nbc indeed edited the 911 calls to make him appear as a racist. That's valid for defamation. NBC will lose it for sure regardless if zimmerman is guilty or not.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Its the liberal media.

All they can do is cry "racism."

The picture released shows how Zimmermann was hurt as well...

Mr. Zimmermann will be let free.

"He's not white, he's hispanic."

- Technically, he's racially white. Kind of like Jews, Arabs, Russians, etc..

• 8 years ago

I think he has a very strong case

wrong claire they didn't find OJ guilty but he still lost the civil lawsuit

Try again girley

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.