Isn't it amazing that we went to the moon?

Can you imagine the rush of adrenaline going there and coming back?

They said that the temperature of the moon's surface reaches the boiling point of water and they were worried about the "Lunar Rover's" tires melting and had to make covers for them.

I was 7 and Walter Cronkite was on TV. I remember Neil Armstrong's first step and didn't realize the magnitude of what happened but I was excited about it.

• Bob D1
    Favorite Answer

Something else is amazing too: there are actually people who think that we didn't have the technology to go to the Moon. All it take to go to the Moon and back is Newton's laws of physics governing the motion of bodies. In the mid-to-late 60s we had transistors and the beginning of integrated circuits, ICs; we had analog computers and digital computers (4 and 8 bit processors), nothing as fast as computers today but adequate to do the job. In the late 60s and early 70s, we were well into printed circuit boards and the miniaturization of technology. We had everything we needed to go to the Moon and get the job done, and we did!

I was a television broadcast engineer who watch the whole Moon landings successfully unfold before the eyes of the world.

Best regards

Source(s): self

I watched the moon landing live on TV. I was 14.

It's more amazing that we COULD go to the moon in 1969 with 1960's tech, but not able to do it again since the 70's.

• Jimbob

Yes, it was an an amazing accomplishment, and it must have been a real honor to the men chosen to fly the missions in the Apollo program.

• Scott

it's amazing and it's amazing that we got their at all, given certain facts. THe russians beat us into space, so nasa put a rush job on it to be the first to the moon.

Source(s): 3 years space camp, 5 years adult space camp, From The Earth to the Moon (HBO),

Yes it is.

There are actually young people who thing we did not make the flights to the moon.

Total idiots.

Yes.