Help i need a compare and contrast thesis statement for two character help!!!!!!?

i need a compare and contrast thesis statement for two character Ismene from Antigone and Dede from in times of the butterfly. Lost on how to write it out.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 8 years ago

I'm not familiar with the characters, but here's a good guideline for how to get started:

First, thinking of only ONE character, write out as many character traits as you can think of, in a list. Try to think about what this character's personality is like, what situations they're going through, and what conflicts arise in the story. Then, write out another list for the other character. At this point, only think of the second character, and write out anything you can think of. When you have your two lists, put them side by side and see which traits are similar. These will be your comparisons. Now, go back through the lists and see which traits are directly opposite to each other. They must relate to each other, but be opposite. These will be your contrasting points. Limit your comparisons and contrasts to three each (the three most important ones). Your thesis will be something like: "While Ismene is ___, ___, and ____, Dede is ___, ___, and ___ (opposites). However, they are both ___, ___, and ___."

Source(s): English major
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.