Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Are conservatives confused by liberal gun owners?

Or is it like a love-hate relationship?

• Gaijin
    Favorite Answer

Lol-probably because every lib I know including me are gun owners and most of us are NRA members.So can't understand what this "libs want to take away guns" is about but do know where it comes from,conservative hate media.

• ?

I would have no problem with a liberal gun owner. I have given speeches to gay gun groups and black gun groups.

The Bill of Rights was settled a couple of hundred years ago, we should be arguing about something else

I think so. A common misconception of the left is that leftists hate guns. That isn't the case most of the time. Leftists just want unnecessary firearms eliminated and safety a top priority. Except the right, nowadays, with the aid of Faux News, likes to picture it that way. So, in essence, they are both confused and angry that leftist policies, unlike many on the right, are not hypocritical.

• Conservatives are confused by most things.

Etymologically speaking, tolerance or permissiveness of gun ownership is the "liberal" position.

No, of course not. Even some liberals realize that when seconds count the police are only minutes away. Any liberal that blows a burglar's brains out has my respect and admiration.

• EviL

conservatives are confused about a lot of things.

Not really. It seems to pretty much only be liberals who think a person has to be "all in" in their ideology.

Actually we're relieved to see that the other side is not totally crazy.

No, I accept the fact that they are hypocrites.