Grief normal after an abortion?

I had to get an abortion last week(baby stopped growing and I didnt miscarry fully) and I have moments where I'm so sad. Is this normal?

Favorite Answer

So sorry to hear that, it is normal to go through the grieving process when you loose a baby no matter how it happens or at what stage. Just try to let yourself go through what you need to because holding your feeling in will only make things worse.

This website has a lot of information on people dealing with unplanned pregnancies, and people who chose to or were made to get abortions. Maybe hearing how other people felt the same could help. You can also message back and forth with the website staff/ counselors which might help you.

standupgirl.com

Hang in there.

Absolutely this is normal. Not only are you processing a loss, but your hormones are fluctuating quite a bit right now. Normally this will last for about 10-14 days after a completed miscarriage or abortion. You may want to contact Exhale, an after abortion hotline that offers conseling and support for women who are having difficulties. Their website is www.exhaleprovoice.org.

Source(s): www.earlyabortionoptions.com
  • rehak

Its accepted to experience this way. My mom had an abortion and he or she nonetheless thinks relating to the infant she by no skill had nonetheless to this present day. She had 2 ladies (me and my sister) and he or she continually says that if she could have saved that infant it could have been her boy she needed... anywho, I have no thought what faith you're yet people have no good to decide you! purely God can try this. You already made your decision. in simple terms be responsive to that God loves you no remember what. make an apology and he will forgive you. existence will flow on. Who is conscious perhaps sometime you will get married and while the time comes have little ones. in simple terms seem on the positives on your existence. =) solid luck, and don't provide up on the counseling. talking it out enables.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I couldn't imagine how I would feel.

• yes