Why doesnt the NFL increase the season game?

NFL should have longer season Instead of 17 it should be increased to 30 week. So why its only 17 weeks of games how come baseball season is longer than NFL. Is it because it will cause conflict with MLB

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Abby
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Baseball isn't as physically demanding as football is. They can play a ton of games. Football players wouldn't be able to play Anywhere close to that many games in a season. There would be so many injuries. 30 games is a horrible idea.

• T-Dog
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

The physical toll the game takes on a player is unimaginable. At age 50 most ex players suffer from knee, hip, back, and injuries related to brain trauma

If u increase the number of games the player will not be physically enough to play 2 years non the less 5+..

What may happen...and you heard it here first...is a decrease in the number of games or the amount of game time...in the near future.

• 8 years ago

Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. If you dilute the system (like the MLB has), then individual games do not matter at all, and the excitement of an individual game is therefore also less. Also, the current trend is to reduce injuries as much as possible, not potentially increase them.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

30 weeks? Do you really think those players could last on a field for 30 weeks? I've heard maybe adding 2 games to the schedule, now that's realistic, but to add 13? That's insane.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Enzo
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

By the time the playoffs arrives, you got teams with nearly half of their roster beat up. the fact that you compared football to baseball is absurd. how many people in the MLB do you see having broken ribs and torn ACL's. ya, hardly.

Source(s): Need4DMC
  • ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Because those modern slaves who earns $M continuously whining and NFL fans pretend they care for other players. I propose "suit up, man up, and play 82 games like basketball and hockey".

Tough up and stop whining.

There are million of U.S. citizens who are out of job and desperately doing anything for living and feeding their family. $100K per year where they only work for 17 weeks, and only 1 day per week and ONLY 60 minute per day, yes, there are million of people want that job.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Go back to school! Learn a thing or two about football before making outrageous suggestions!

• 8 years ago

More games more money the downfall more injuries just look at each teams injury list now

• 8 years ago

cuz in week 20 I will be playing QB for your favorite team.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

That is one of the most absurd things I've heard today.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.