For recording raps and some singing should I get a blue yet or an interface with mic?

I would appreciate some responses that consider that my budget is not a ridiculous amount at all. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Interface with mic ANY DAY. A usb condenser seems easier at first, but in the long run will give you not satisfying results. The problem with USB microphones like the blue yeti is that they try to be a microphone, preamp and interface, all in one. Hence they excel at nothing. A separate setup will definitely give you better results and flexibility. It is inevitable that everyone upgrades on mics some time or the other. I changed my mic 3 times in the last 3 years. But my interface has been the same till recently. With a Yeti, this is not that possible.

If your budget it low, look out for some used gear online. Used audio interfaces and mics run pretty well. Look on craigslist, ebay etc. I recently upgraded my interface to a Presonus 22vsl ($170), a quality interface, which I found for $75. Good luck with your search.

Source(s): Recording Experience