when is the best time to do a pregnancy test?

When is the best time to do a pregnancy test after a missed period?

Me and my Fiance have been trying for our 2nd baby for only 2 months and I have missed my period, my period was due on the 7th of December and it's now the 10th of December and still no period :)

I have been feeling sick but not been vomiting, I have been bloating a lot, I have been getting cramps mainly on my right side of my lower abdomen, I have been getting sore heads now and then, I have been getting a lot more vaginal discharge than usual, I have been needing the toilet a lot more than usual, I have been really tired during the day but at nights I can't get to sleep and when I do I wake up a few times during the night (I never used to) and when I wake up in the morning I just want to go back to sleep. Also I have been getting out of breath a lot more, My nipples and areolas are a lot darker than usual and my boobs have gotten a little bigger, and my mouth keeps going really dry (mainly at nights) and no matter how much I drink it doesn't help.

Could I be pregnant, and when is the best time for me to do a test since I have missed my period? I think I could be...

Thanks in advance....

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

you can test now u should get a accurate reading. if its negative wait another week and test again if its still negative u are not pregnant i say a few days after missing your period to up to a week after u can test.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

After a missed period you can directly take a pregnancy test. Missing a period is the easiest way to suspect of pregnancy. Feeling sick or morning sickness, fatigue feeling tiredness and swollen breasts are pregnancy symptoms as well.

• 8 years ago

I think you are pregnant.. But id say do one now & if it says neg. Id do another in about 1-2 weeks. But the blood tests if u go an get one done it can tell you the right result and u could take that when ever

• 8 years ago

Sounds like you're pregnant. I had all those symptoms & I took four pregnancy test when I was 3 days late, & they were all positive.. So it's safe for you to take one now.

Source(s): I'm 5 weeks pregnant, found out 2 days ago
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

If you missed your period you can take one now if you like. I waited until I was three days late to take mine, even though it was torture we tried for 8 months ourselves. Good luck to you and remember if it is negative don't fret it takes the average couple a year to conceive.

• 8 years ago

the best time to take the tests are your first pee of the morning because there is a chemical in your urine that tells if you are pregnant or not and the morning is usually the time when your blatter is the fullest

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.