Daughter Confused About Fathers Girlfriend?

My daughter is almost three. She is very talkative and bright. Recently she came home from her fathers during his visitation claiming she was very sad. When I asked her what was wrong, she told me that her daddy had said that I wasn't her mommy. I then continued to ask her who was. She turned to me and said Kayla. This women is her fathers new girlfriend. Furious I called him right away to talk to him about this situation. He confirmed that yes he had told her this, because he wanted our daughter to love his girlfriend more. This answer was rather childish to me. Months before this we had finalized our custody agreement in our state of Indiana. I was given sole custody and he was given only one overnight and one three hour during the week. When we went to court, the issue of the girlfriend was brought up. They had been doing this confusing stuff to our daughter since day one of them dating. The judge was furious at the fact they were trying to confuse my daughter. He had admitted this in court as well and said he didn't see what the big deal was. The judge had told him that he was no longer allowed to have the girlfriend around, because he isn't grown up enough to handle a relationship around our child. This rule was not added in our agreement and he has continued to pull his crap. What can I do. This is really hurting our daughter psychologically and she cries now when she goes to her dads and says she doesn't like Kayla. Is there anything I can do??? I can't bare to see my daughter like this. I try to reassure her but he continues to tell her these things. I have tried to talk to him, but he refuses to listen.

Favorite Answer

sigh..........you have no control over what he says to his daughter. You have no control over who he has over at his house when your daughter is there. You have no control over his discipline of his daughter and you have no control over anything else he does. The judge didn't put it in because he couldn't. It's not part of the custody/child support or visitation arrangements he can make.

This is what happens when parents break up and the children are shuffled back and forth between parents. You had more control over the raising of your daughter if you had stayed together. Sorry. Sorry you picked an immature guy to date, sorry you got prego by a jerk, sorry for your child most of all.

"He claims that he's trouble-free with the Bible to assert that a guy shouldn't replace a woman's diaper," Having examine and studied the bible, i don't think it says this. besides the undeniable fact that, i can see the position he's deriving this from. Sexual purity and separation were significant contained in the former and New Testaments, and a great deal of Mosaic regulation became dependent round those ideas. I understand, a minimum of partly, the position his sentiments are coming from. "...hug a woman offspring..." same as above, yet this theory is slightly tougher to settle for, exceptionally if he's to comprise hugging his own daughter in this theory. "or settle for that a woman is an same as a guy." right here's the position i imagine you want to decelerate. The bible teaches that, in Christ, there is not any guy or women, slave or loose guy, etc. In Christ's paintings, there is not any distinction between any of those distinct varieties, as everyone could have that saving relationship with Him. yet, this is *no longer* putting forward that adult men and women are equivalent in all issues, and that is not any longer some thing any Christian must believe, both. God mad each individual distinct, and to fulfill a particular function in this creation. There are also distinct varieties that God made, at the same time with male and lady, that are each designed to fill distinct roles. adult men and women aren't to any extent further equivalent, no longer because one is "better useful" than yet another, yet that they are each made to fill a particular function in God's creation. only because our society places emphasis on a number of those roles does no longer advise they are better significant. guy isn't women's equivalent, and neither is women guy's equivalent. we are distinct. *this is a good component.* we'd want to continually have a good time the determination God has given us, and in no way attempt to emphasise each little thing to a secular, "tremendous than/ decrease than/ or equivalent" terminology. all the desirable on your endeavors, and would you bypass in Peace, and... In Love, ~ S