How to break up with someone that you see every day?

Things aren't going well between me and my boyfriend. He isn't a good boyfriend and even his own family tells him that all the time. I still really really like him and I want this to work but I feel like I'm always upset over something he does and idk how or when to talk to him about it. He told me he loved me for the first time this week but then last night it he didn't act like it at all. The problem with breaking up is that next semester we will have a few classes together, so we're going to see each other every day. "Just friends" isn't an option (I'm his girlfriend and he still puts his friends before me...so there's no way he would respect me if we decided to be "just friends"). I also really like his family. His parents really like me and I think they're awesome. I'm afraid I'll miss them a lot if me and my bf break up. Please help me...he knows that he's a bad boyfriend yet he won't do anything to change. Should I dump him or keep waiting to see what happens?

for gods sake,have some self respect.dump that loser and go find someone who will treat you right.NEVER wait around for a guy to change because its just not going to happen.