Liberals, I have two thought experiments for you guys, answers?

Thought experiment 1 There are different body types and different people are more biologically adapted to certain strengths. For example there are people who are naturally fast and there are people who can lift heavier item. While larger muscles don’t directly equal more strength they are correlated. In the... show more Thought experiment 1

There are different body types and different people are more biologically adapted to certain strengths. For example there are people who are naturally fast and there are people who can lift heavier item. While larger muscles don’t directly equal more strength they are correlated.

In the nation of bench pressers how much you can bench press is what is rewarded/valued, we have a group people that are better adapted to running and another group of people more adapt to bench pressing (both are signs of physical strength), but due to the fact that bench pressing here is what is valued there is discrepancy in results, runners don’t bench press as well as bench pressers.

Is it fair to equalize the results or close the gap of bench pressing by adding more weight to bench pressers? Or is it better to just accept that there are different standards of success?

Thought Experiment 2

Person A is very charismatic, handsome, strong and is subjected to a lot of female attention (the poor guy), he spends a lot of time having fun. Person A makes about 20K a year

Person B is kind of a slob and a little out of shape. He is socially awkward which predisposed him away from social events but due to this finds work more attractive. Person B makes about 75K a year?

How do you close the gap and promote more equality here?
Update: @ the peaceful

When liberals use results to measure opportunity the distinction no longer becomes quite as solid. Plus I never suggested perfect equality, I am asking what degree of equality is fair.
Update 2: @ Lenny I not the sarcasm but thank you anyways, the division between the two are differences between inherent attributes vs life styles and if that promoted different answers. If you use familiar real world examples than the automatic default answers spring up. In this case, the abstractness makes you think about... show more @ Lenny

I not the sarcasm but thank you anyways, the division between the two are differences between inherent attributes vs life styles and if that promoted different answers. If you use familiar real world examples than the automatic default answers spring up. In this case, the abstractness makes you think about how one defines fairness
Update 3: @ Douglas Interesting Concept, more of a live and let live backing. But I do have the difficulty following its application as is the fact that whatever the hell I believe society already has designated values what is encouraged or not that they had before I was born, thus there is always a value and reward system... show more @ Douglas

Interesting Concept, more of a live and let live backing. But I do have the difficulty following its application as is the fact that whatever the hell I believe society already has designated values what is encouraged or not that they had before I was born, thus there is always a value and reward system present.. Also a community is separated from just a group of people based on their commonality participatory agreed upon standards, this existed before government and laws were social constructs. The blank state you mention does not exist.
Update 4: @man of steel The point was to see differences in inherent vs lifestyle choices as mention earlier and what degree of equality is fair and see if there are any divergence here. Since you only focused on the first scenario, You missed it by a little bit, instead of the old smart dumb, I do believe there are... show more @man of steel

The point was to see differences in inherent vs lifestyle choices as mention earlier and what degree of equality is fair and see if there are any divergence here.

Since you only focused on the first scenario, You missed it by a little bit, instead of the old smart dumb, I do believe there are multiple types of thinking all of which do not necessarily have to conform to the one standard of success or happiness such as making a lot of money. Your distinction between rich and strong is not as accurate as I do believe a little more than half are democrats.and many often donate to such causes and weight lifters are also competitive and still want to be stronger than the others that they are lifting up.