Effects of divorce on children?

Hi, so I am writing an essay for college on the effects of divorce on children. It has to be 7-8 pages long & I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas that I could talk about in my paper.

So far, I'm going to discuss:

-short-term effects

-long-term effects

-personal experience on me & my brother

-difference between parents getting divorced early on in the child's life or later in child's life

Also, does anyone have an idea of how I could structure this & make this essay flow smoothly?

Thanks so much! :)

Favorite Answer

talk about how it is affecting you and your brother first!

talk about how short term effects and start turning into long term and then how it could differ if the divorce happened early or later into a childs life. i hope this helped. my parents almost divorced but they stayed together.

I've done a paper on this topic. I included the social effects and the latter effects in said child's potential relationships/marriage. Best thing I can tell you is start with an outline, create bulletpoints with what you have, add to it when ideas come to you, and research the crap out of it. Statistics and correlations are great ways to start... Hope this helps. Good luck