What is the relationship between patient accounts, data flow, and charge capture?

I need a clearer way of knowing the relationship between medical patient accounts, data flow, and charge capture for the paper I am writing. I have researched it, but haven't received a proper answer.

Favorite Answer

Well, having worked with this for greater than 10 years, the relationship is basically built business income. The data flow from the time the patient is scheduled and seen starts the flow of charges which are then entered per encounter flowing from the EHR (electronic health record) which then is data captured by the EPM (electronic payment module) which can show key things like accounts receivable, patient scheduling status, claims management, and workflow management. Basically what gets entered is then sent for payment resulting in greater gain for the practice as everything is outlined by the system and results in higher payments as the charges are more complete.

Great pertinent replies, thank you